Thursday 30 August 2018

Crimean war artillery

Yes I have been late posting of this last while. Let's just say real life has gotten in the way!

Anyway here is the last (for now) of Matts Crimean war artillery. There are 2 spare crew to paint and I shall get tem done SOON! I will start them today. I am also starting some medieval troops for myself! Just so you Know I have not given up on "Lion Rampant". Still enough of this closer to the showing!


 Anyway another gun and crew for Matt and his collection. You may recall I have done one of these before (About 2 weeks ago!) and nothing new has been learnt between painting that and painting this. So just to recap. It is by Wargames foundry and 28mm figure size. Matt supplied a book on British troops of the Crimean war so I copied that for uniforms and details. The recent hot weather has dried up some of my paints so while I replace them the metalics were hand mixed. This has resulted in the gun being slightly "yellower" than it should be for bronze. Forgive me I could not help it. New paints are ordered and in the post as I type. So nothing else I can say about that.

The last few pics are of all the guns together. 2 crew to be added at a later date. But this should give you an idea.











Artillery train so far (I say so far as I have little idea what else Matt wants me to paint!)

Hope to post again on Saturday. Thanks for looking and more (I hope) soon.

All the very best Clint



12 comments:

  1. Another great looking gun crew Clint, they look great all together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave. I got your email BTW, will reply soon. I should admit that I am quite pleased with how they turned out.

      Delete
  2. Outstanding stuff, Clint. What a great job you've done :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Blax. Currently painting another "Lion Rampant" Unit. Hope to have it finished Saturday afternoon.

      Delete
  3. A very nice Battery of Guns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lee. I am glad you approve.. They took a while but got their in the end!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Ray. I feel some frivolous painting coming soon!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you Andy. 2 more crew to do. Then A break I think! (A break meaning I paint something less historic!)

      Delete
  6. This and the others together look very menacing, another great paint-job Clint

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. I was not sure how bad the paint had gotten until I got new paint (see Sundays Post)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.