Sunday 2 September 2018

A Little Late, but crucially not too late!

I finished these two at 8pm last night. As such I decided to photograph them this morning. The are as I am sure you will already know two Foundry Crimean War British Artillery crew. AS such they are painted for Matt and he shall get them this morning, Barring accidents! (Oh why did I say that now I am just tempting fate.

I am sure you know the details by now. Foundry 28mm Crimean war that I still know almost nothing about.


 Bought on eBay, more d6. I know  I know I am quite mad I have enough dice! So why buy more.
1) It's an obsession I can't help it!
2) I am looking for the lucky one. The one that will roll what I need when I need it!
3) Tim Has touched all my other dice! (Sorry mate I could not resist that comment)
4) I have worn all the luck off of my other dice.
5) I liked the pretty colours.
6) I want a set for show games!

Some of the above are whopping lies while other reasons are spot on. We all know that a factory only puts so much luck on a dice as part of the manufacturing process!! (That might not be true|)




Lastly the hot weather Dried up several of my paint colours. And as I do not use metallic all that often I found this guy selling samples reasonably cheap. All 6 colours cost me £5 including postage. So far I have to say they are the best golds/bronze/copper that I have ever used. I only hope that feeling lasts.  That should do for now as I have NO need to buy bigger and more expensive pots of acrylic gold. These were bought on a whim and I am not disappointed.


15mm sci fi. I have (I think) finally settled on my alien force and a quick bank check shows I can afford them (Out  of this years Interest..... JUST) so with a few chats today I hope to send off for them Monday. (Fingers Crossed)

That's it for today (Should have been yesterday) enjoy the weekend and play if you can or paint if you can't. Take care all the best Clint






10 comments:

  1. Great looking figures Clint. AS for the deice and paint you can never have too many, but always too few ! LOL
    Look forward to seeing what alien race you've gone with

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dave. I hope I do not disappoint with the aliens. As for the paint and Dice. "The man who dies with the most dice wins!"

      Delete
  2. Lol no matter how lucky dice might be that all changes the moment they come into my hands, as a friend of mine once told me, its not that you roll bad Frank its just you can never roll what you need :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frank I FULLY understand that and TOTTALLY agree it could easily have been said about me!

      Delete
  3. I thinkk dice hate most wargamers and un so many surprising ways.
    Still lig your Crimean output, despite your and my lack of knowledge of the period.
    Good deal on the paints too btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. Me and dice.... the blog title kind of hints at it!

      Delete
  4. Nice work Clint. Where did you get the paints from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks Ray. The paints are from eBay I shall email you a private link. I think they are Vallejo but not sure. But I am sure they guy would like more custom.

      Delete
  5. The dice and paint look like good acquisitions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan. I am especially pleased with the paint. So far it has been very good value!

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.