Monday 6 August 2018

heavy tanks started

Yes some OK 2 6mm Heavy tanks started for my 6mm sci fi.. As with the rest they are Brigade models ( LINK  )

I know there is only 2 of them. And that they are 6mm so quite small. I also realise that there is no indication of size. But you will have to forgive me as it has been another hot day. Far hotter than I am used to! So Painting has not been a huge priority for me.

These are Sohei with Gatling cannon for those that really care. Not the most common of my heavy tanks but painted at least and ready for the table!

I did go to the club yesterday but there were 6 people already playing one game designed for 2! Consequently I left early and came home and watch the swimming!

I do have2 games planned down the club... well mentioned if not planned! Next time will probably be an AK 47 (Peter Pig) game while the one after should be an Aeronef (Imperial skies) game.  As I have an aeronef game planned I think I should get my German aircraft carrier done. Commercial flying bases are just not up to the task so I shall be making my own from BLACK Perspex!
 All the components are laid out and ready so I will do a step by step as I bring this beat to fruition. It is part Resin and part metal (I have to supply the Perspex) and costs £9 from Brigade Models (LINK ). I hope I can do it justice and create a vessel of note.

I know very little done due to the heat but that we are told is coming to an end in 2-3 days time!

Until then paint if you can and game if you are able. All the best Clint


11 comments:

  1. I like those heavy tanks very much, Clint. I can well imagine that they are a force to be reckoned with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan. I think I have 10 more heavy tanks to paint. So there shall be more coming.

      Delete
  2. Gatling cannon you say ?
    Yup, I'd say these are heavy tanks and very nice they are too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. Yes Gatling cannon, laser canon twin linked cannon and standard cannon are the options. I have all the options so there will be more tanks to come.

      Delete
  3. Great looking heavy tanks Clint, the aircraft carrier looks very interesting and look forward to seeing your SBS on the construction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dave. The step by step shall not really feature the build. It shall be included of course. But as much about the painting as anything else!

      Delete
  4. Nice work on the tanks. Aircraft carrier seems like it will be a cool model to build.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon. The aircraft carrier build has gone slightly wrong. I lost some very small (But visible parts) With luck cooler tomorrow so will get a chance to look for them.

      Delete
  5. I'm looking forward to seeing the Aeronef ship, Clint. It looks a real 'big is beautiful' model, so should be interesting seeing it alongside some other 'nefs.

    I have to admit that I'm not a fan of the over-crowded gaming experience. 'Too many cooks spoiling the broth' is my experience of such games, so I either stay and spectate or just come away. Though I suppose the added friction of multiple generals per side does go some way to simulate the fog of war or officer personalities on the battlefield. Though herding cats is another thought that comes to mind when thinking on my experiences with big multiplayer games.

    Its hot again Up North.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Roy. I agree while I do like all the club members you know certain people will behave rashly while others will behave cautiously. All at the same time. This means without an overall commander there never will be a plan.

      Cooling down now. No longer 33 oC so I did not paint at all yesterday Just relaxed and took it easy .

      Yes it is a rather large Aeronef ship I have seen so far.

      Previous comment deleted due to bad spelling.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.