Saturday 24 November 2018

Painted for Peter

OK Admit it you were not expecting that were you. Peter down the wargames club gave me a Polish Winged lancer to paint. Guess what.  Tar-da! Here it is.

It is a Wargames Foundry (I think) 28mm Renaissance Polish winged lancer. I may have the colours wrong so DO NOT use this as a painting guide. Rather than following a prescribed and authentic route slavishly I selected colours I liked and applied them. I just hope Peter likes them as much as I do! If he does not, that's fine I have the paint remover on hand and am quite happy to give it a dip. But realistically the chances are he will be over the moon.

On the shield I have free-handed an eagles head, ( or he can say it's a griffins head if he chooses). This was actually quite a lot of work and needed re-painting 4 times in total. But it ended quite nicely so I am sure it will be OK with Peter.


 So that is my very brief foray into the Renaissance period.  While I would love to do more very few at the club are at all interested so I can't see many appearing on this blog. And that is a shame I feel. But until a set of rules come out that as a club we can all enjoy the wait for Italian wars is just a pipe dream.

Tomorrow at the club Matt has agreed (offered really) to use his Burpas so with luck on Monday a Burpa AAR.  We shall be using "The men who would be Kings!" for the game and as yet I have no more ideas than that!

So until Monday take care, have fun and paint if you can.

All the best Clint.












15 comments:

  1. Looks great Clint, not sure if the colours are accurate but looks good none the less

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dave there is some historical debate about if the feathers were made of metal and left as bare metal. As long as Peter is happy though who am I to complain.

      Delete
  2. Awesome looking paint-job, CLint, and the promise of an imminent BatRep too - excellent!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Blax. IF I remember the camera there should be a bat rep in 2 days> (fingers crossed).
      If no bet rep I had best get some painting done and fast!

      Delete
  3. I'm afraid the figure does nothing for me but I would like to congratulate you on the way you painted the horse, especially its legs going from light to dark. Very realistic and something may painters overlook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan. Some Western 28mm coming soon (Ish). Just undercoated some

      As for the horse, thank you. I would get beaten by my sister if I get horses wrong (when I was a kid)

      Delete
  4. Does Matt know you're two-timing him ?

    Everyone loves the winged lancers and whether or not these colours are accurate it does look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. Yes Matt does know. And maybe a Burpa AAR today as well. Peter was happy with the colour choices so all is well on that front!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you, Tamsin. It was a struggle but I got there in the end.

      Delete
  6. Top paint job Clint. Love the shield.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ray. The shield could so easily have had a geometric pattern but I think the extra effort has paid off.

      Delete
  7. Looks great. But I am pretty sure this is a classic Kislev Winged Lancer from GW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon. For those old enough wargames foundry, citadel and GW were all of shoots of the same company. Therefore early GW and Foundry are interchangeable. At least to many of us old fogeys!

      Delete
  8. Hi Everyone,This was how me and my Boyfriend became VAMPIRES. I got a guy from the internet called Lord who was a VAMPIRE so i told him that me and my boyfriend would love to become a VAMPIRES so he asked me of my Name ,Country, Age ,State , address and in the next 3 days i got the blood sample through the DHL which me and my boyfriend took in the blood into our body and in the next 30 minutes we turned into a VAMPIRE so if you are interested in becoming a VAMPIRE. First: Vampires is not at all like in the movies or books, Sure. I understand. You are young; you have the whole world open to you. You can be anything that you choose if you apply yourself and try hard to work toward that goal. But being a vampire is not what it seems like. It’s a life full of good, and amazing things. We are as human as you are.. It’s not what you are that counts, but how you choose to be. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Richvampirekindom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment.