Thursday 14 March 2019

First troops

Yes the first actual troops for this project as opposed to "vehicles"! This morning  I have finished my first squad of "snake-men" (Astragar as Critical Mass games call them.  Here is a LINK)

I find painting Sci Fi Figures hard. Yes you are right what ever colour you paint them is "right" there really is not a "wrong!!" So for now these will do and do well. There is some tidying up to o..... when is there not? But overall I am happy with their progress and finished look.  They are not perfect but non-the-less I am happy with them.

The vehicle is an APC or Battle -bus by Brigade games (see previous blog posts for a link and know that they are no longer easily available). It is an organic breed in a tank "Vehicle!" As such  factories might well be very different from our assembly plants. They might be so different that it might be easier to transport to a new world. (something to think about!)

This APC seems to fit well with my concept of the race and how they are. As such I shall say no more about them I have yet to stat them for the Grurntz rules so perhaps my initial thoughts might change. At present I have 3 of the APCs so that limits me to the size of the force. (Just 3 squads.... what ever I decide a Snake-men squad is.

This picture shows what I have painted so far in the vehicle range by Brigade  Models But I have 3 more varieties of vehicle yet to paint before I get sidetracked. (And I shall soon like it or not! I know what I am like)

The last pic just shows me that I have at least 2 more squads to paint (possibly more) and I have at least 9 more "vehicles" to go (Not pictured). Therefore I have enough 15mm sci fi to keep me going for a bit.

With luck I shall do the next lot quicker as NO decisions or re-paints need happen (although I bet they shall as MY typically hap-hazard way of doing things unfolds)>

Until next time take care, have fun and get some painting done!

All the best Clint


14 comments:

  1. I like the way these turned out, nice work Clint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Don. I do have some reservations about them but at least I have a start and that to me is worth a lot!

      Delete
  2. It looks like you've gone for a coral snake colouration on them. They are very venomous, so good choice if you want them to be the bad guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan. I am by NO means any expert on Snakes or snake-men. Whether they are good or bad will I am sure depend on who is in charge of them.

      Delete
  3. Those snake men stand out a mile, Clint. Great work!!! Loving the look of the APC too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Blax. I am not too sure about the metallic purple armour. But if you cannot have metallic purple armour in a sci fi game when can you?

      Delete
  4. As long as your happy but the vehicles and infantry are great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fran. No not perfectly happy I have too much half started and not finished. So this coming week I need to get some thngs finished.

      Delete
  5. Snakemen with realistic looking snake patterns on them (copperheads?) and the bug bus fits well with the other bus- great stuff Clint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. I have NO idea how realistic the snake-men are. I know nothing of snakes. They just looked right so I went with them.

      Delete
  6. Really like the colour choices you've gone for on the troops Clint, the new vehicle looks good to

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dave. I can imagine a "Snake- man" sci fi Gladiator. (Just a thought and No pressure at all!)

      Delete
    2. It's already on the list of new races mate, but can certainly move it up the queue

      Delete
    3. Thank you Dave. NOT for me. But if you want that's OK as well. But trying to get my own projects done (and failing).

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.