Sunday 17 March 2019

Loot from Skirmish!

Spring Skirmish is over again. Check Big Lees blog for a show report. (LINK ) I shall do my show report tomorrow (I hope). Until then here is my loot (not much) from the show. I would have bought more but there was little I wanted at the show.

Only 2 stalls I spent money at.

Debris of war where I got 2 "Flying stands" This should push my 28mm Dieselpunk idea further.

Colonel Bills. 3 Lewis guns.... I hope to show them in place soon.
2 pots of paint. These shall be used and not detailed, Just a grey and a brown, boring but vital colours.
And just 1 pack of bases. All wargamers need bases and I happened to need large rectangular ones at the moment!


I have FINALLY finished reading these rules. (Last night) Yes I know they are old (very old) but I have a fresh unused copy and I  really do like them. So you  may see them again soon.

Thanks for looking and with luck something better soon. All the best Clint

14 comments:

  1. Nice little haul Clint,interested to read your views on Crimson Skies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dave. Might pop over to Rochester tomorrow and pick up some of your stuff! Crimson Skies: while I have not played it yet my initial thoughts are 100% positive! It seems more like Battle-tech than I first thought but the universe is totally different and Planes are a LOT more flimsy than giant robots. They are also Much harder to hit but a few good hits is all you need.

      Delete
    2. Sounds interesting, I may have to pick up a copy. In other news I've just posted up pictures on the blog of the 3D arena we've built for DM demo games

      Delete
    3. Thank you Dave. It is VERY rare to come across a decent copy of "Crimson Skies" So I wish you luck. As for the demo board I shall check it out!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Ray. You know how small the show is so getting anything (apart from stick from Postie) is quite hard.

      Delete
  3. If you got the stuff you want that's always a bonus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan. If certain traders had been their from the past I am sure I could have spent a whole lot more.

      Delete
  4. Good to see you today. Looks like Debris of War did well out if the pair of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lee. Debris of War was one of the few decent traders that was there.

      Delete
  5. A very minimalist haul, with no immpule buys that I spotted!
    Iron-will Clint strikes again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe there could have been a LOAD of impulse buys (maybe why that is why I am not going to salute!)But on this occasion there just was nothing there I wanted!

      Delete
  6. Its always good to get some new supplies in Clint :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frank some have already been used, others are waiting to be used... soon!

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.