Sunday 21 April 2019

Just a very brief post today, as most things are drying.

I have managed to finish 2 of these figures. They are 15mm Alternative armies and to make the unit complete and finish. Just 2 cavalry I am afraid. But they add to the unit command and as such round the whole unit out.

I am still a long way from finishing the army. well not such a long way really. That aside it does finish another unit. Strictly speaking it should have a letter A-I on the flag. (J was used for John troop which was usually a recruiting troop so the troops were not fully trained! Or so I am led to believe, but take that with a pinch of salt as it is only what I have been told so may not be true at all.

As yet I have not decided if they will be 10th or 9th cavalry. Both of which were (I believe) called "Buffalo soldiers" by the Indians and both (again so I am told) had white officers!

I do have another small unit started so they will be along soon.

Complete Unit

 ELSEWHERE:

Ok the airship/zeppelin is currently drying and with luck I shall get another coat on this afternoon and allow it to dry overnight. Expect me to be saying that a lot!

6mm Cold war. been buying but not painting but expect that to change very soon. Once post arrives.






10 comments:

  1. Nice finish to your unit Clint, look forward to seeing your other projects develop as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dave. I shall carry on with the zeppelin tonight. But very briefly) As for the cold war stuff when the post arrives.

      Delete
  2. Great job Clint, what a great unit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael. The units are very small for US cavalry in the rules. And only 1 0r 2 units to go. I am sure I can do a group shot at the end.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Fran. I have another unit on the painting table so they should not be long as well.

      Delete
  4. Very nice cavalry,not exactly "Hollywood"but still very "Yellow Ribbon".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. Another unit on the paint table already. Just wish I felt like painting!

      Delete
  5. Nice work mate. They look very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lee. I should have another unit finished quite soon. (by the end of the week!)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.