Friday 27 November 2015

Sgt Wilson

 Only 1 finished today. But most very nearly finished, skin and bases and shoes and finishing off. So Confident more will be done very soon. Until then here is Sargent Wilson in mufti! Another one of Matts Conversions, this time to be a flag bearer. The flag is of course by Pete Barnfield at (LINK) and sold by Solway. It is obviously an Invicta flag of Kent as Wilmington on Sea is somewhere in this county if only going by the cap badges in the TV series or the view of the White Cliffs at Dover. But you are free to set it in your own area, I am sure I would.

Anyway for those interested in VBCW the sky blue arm bands are for the Anglican league which dominates East Kent. I painted Wilson in a grey suit as it seemed slightly more flamboyant than a brown suit. (Captain Mainwaring will be in a Brown suit.) . One of the joys of painting figures for Matt is that he always gives me free rein with the colour choices. All he has said for these was "Sky Blue Arm bands for Anglican league!" and with that level of instruction I am happy to oblige.


I Hope to post again tomorrow when another rolls of the production line. I think it will be Hodges next, but after that I am happy to take requests on a first come first served basis. (Although I am not Happy with civilian Jones or Civilian Fraiser just yet. But I am happy to work on anyone of the crew (that I have in my position)

Thanks for looking.

All the best Clint

13 comments:

  1. Well done, great flag and beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wonderful Clint and I do like Matt's conversions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael. There are a few that are special. Godfrey with a Lewis gun stands out!

      Delete
  3. Excellent! It actually looks like him as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ray for the more than kind words.

      Delete
  4. Matt does like his flags doesn't he?
    Good looking figure and I like the shouldered weapon (Thomson?); all these civilians, so far, seem very reluctant to be taking part in Matt's Civil war.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. It is a shotgun on his shoulder but it is hard to see. They can be as reluctant as they want, just so long as I am not controlling them.

      Delete
  5. Very well done on all these guys Clint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rodger, The ARP warden Mr Hodges tomorrow.

      Delete
  6. Nice one Clint!
    Looking forward to seeing that ARP git Hodges :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul. Hodges is not my favourite figure, but he looks OK.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.