A slow painting day post "Challenge", But I have managed to get 2 more WW1 figures finished. These will do double duty serving with my 28mm WW1 troops, And also with my VBCW figures.
As the figures were a gift I am not able to tell you who made them but they do look and paint like Great war miniatures. They were a gift from Matt about a year ago and then I lost them and now I found them. Given the need to do double duty in two armies I have been keen to keep the bases simple just so they do not look too out of place in either army.
The double duty is so that my WW1 army being mostly early war can now stretch all the way up to VBCW all using the same figures. All I have to do is include the Lewis gun teams or indeed remove them for early WW1 games.
Later this week I intend to work on two OLD projects that have been on the back burners for a while. Yes back to the 10mm Zulus (As a local show is planning a Zulu themed event next year!) And hey have sat idle for about a year and so are in need of reinforcements as I did start them but did not get so vary far. The problem being that to look good a Zulu army in 1/200th scale needs masses of them. The other old project is a German late war PBI company. Again a local wants an Arnhem game, it can (and in my case will be Operation Market Garden as opposed to Arnhem it self!) By using my US Paratroops I painted last year I only need to get some late war Germans done. They will be useful for other games as well not just Market Garden!
But those are plans for the future so I will get side tracked but at least I have a goal to aim at now.
Cheers From Sunny Kent!