Thursday 31 March 2016

Panther (!5mm)

A couple (ok 3) of years ago I was trying to build a 15mm PBI Late war German company. Well as I scratch my head and look around and try to focus I have revisited that project. The easiest things to paint for it are of course vehicles! So As I wanted the easy option here are 2 Panther tanks. I will not lie one (on the right) has been shown on the blog previously. The one on the left though (with the commander) is newly painted!


They are bother FOW vehicles and as such are both metal and resin. They look the part now that they both have the same camo. ( Three colour ambush) . I can honestly say that I will not need any more Panthers and that indeed 2 may be overkill as it is. So that should be enough late war tanks for PBI. Which of course means I will buy some more just to get variety! But no plans at present!

I will be at a show on Sunday (a little/local show) so who knows what will tempt me then. But at least this puts me on the way to a normal painting schedule. Another Post on Saturday IF I can get this batch of Zulu's finished.

Until then take care and have fun and slap some paint about!

Cheers Clint




17 comments:

  1. What's the local show Clint?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you asked Gobbo. The local show is "Skirmish" which is at Sidcup. It is mostly a toy soldier show rather than a wargames show, but a few traders will be there. If you Know Cavalier or Broadside it is about half the size and most traders just deal in toy soldiers. So it is not brilliant but it is OK. Will do a report on Monday. It is on twice a year so IF you like what you see in the show report you can think about the Autumn one.

      Delete
    2. Blimey, that's my old stomping ground, I used to live in Hurst Road

      Delete
    3. Cheers bud, I look forward to the report then :-)

      Delete
    4. Thanks Nigel. It is held in the Grammar school ON Hurst road! So that is about as close as it can get!

      Delete
  2. Very nice Clint, I'm just trying to imagine how big a 15mm Panther is, but I'm guessing pretty small so to cram all that detail into it is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael the hull is nearly 3 inches long, so not that very small. Most of the detail is a thick heavy wash

      Delete
  3. The Panther was a wonderful tank. Nice work on them although I prefer your newer one with the tank commander showing. The other seems to have too little sand colour on it. Just my two cents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bryan I think I agree but too late now for a repaint!

      Delete
  4. Lovely work old boy, have a good skirmish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fran. As two club members have relatives in hospital this week we will be down on Numbers but I still have reasonably high hopes.

      Delete
  5. Very nice; I particularly like the commander perched half out of the turret and the spare wheels. Makes them look more "lived in"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you C6. As wargamers we all like our models to look more lived in than factory finish I should have put more clutter on them, but you tend not to see "Clutter" on German tanks! But I am sure they would have just as much when the cameras are not about!

      Delete
  6. My favourite tank from WWII, beautifully done; great bit of brushwork there Clint!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Joe. Perhaps my favourite German WW2 tank, but not my favourite tank of any nation in ww2

    ReplyDelete
  8. Flames of war has intrigued me but yet again another game where I would no space to store mini's for the odd game that would be played. Hoping to try a game out at Salute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Daemon. We tend to play PBI and not FOW. Nothing wrong with FOW, but PBI is more infantry based.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.