Tuesday 28 March 2017

MountainMan and shinies.

Well I am still painting. But I seem to have stalled for a few days and not gotten much finished at all.

One figure I have finished was a Foundry 28mm "Mountain Man". Before anyone asks I am not totally sure what I will use him for. He will go in my Wild West collection but he is totally suitable for "Muskets and Tomahawks" or even "In Her Majesty's Name." So while I do not know what I will use him for I do know that he will get a use.

The figure is wargames foundry and I do have a few more to paint as well. So they may get done reasonably soon. They would get done faster IF I actually did know what I wanted them for.  Oh well such is life.

The way I look a it though is if nothing else it is another one done.


The Reason for my recent lack of painting is that I was waiting for an order to arrive. And guess what it has now arrived. It is one (maybe only I will have to see how I feel) "Not going to Salute Orders. " As I have mentioned before It costs me about £40 BEFORE I go through the door of Salute and that to me is a lot of money.  As such I will go every 4-5 years or so, but going more frequently is not my thing. To me it is a show that is a victim of it's own success.

Anyway enough waffle here is a pic of the order.

 The first Pic is the actual order. many will know it is from Peter Pig and as such is 15mm figures. Trust me if it were a rule set it would be a bigger box. Everything is range 8. For those not familiar with Peter Pig Ranges that means it is all 15mm WW2.

As such it is the things I need to take my Infantry company from Flames of War (Battlefront) to a workable force in PBI. I will not go into the individual pack as I hope to get them all painted pretty soon. By that I do mean this year.


One Pack is worth a special mention though. You can see by the last picture it is a Japanese destroyed Tankette! It will be used as an objective Marker. And is quite small. You will see exactly how small when it gets painted and I put it next to a Panther or Sherman or something similar.

Anyway thanks for looking today. More again in a few days.
Hope it is sunny where you are and I hope you are well and happy.

Best wishes Clint

14 comments:

  1. I really like your mountain man, Clint. He's very characterful and well painted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mate. I have a few more to do but probably not yet.

      Delete
  2. Now I love that mountain man Clint, suddenly I'm transported back to my childhood and TV's Grizzly Adams - wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael. I also remember "Grizzly Adams." As a child IT was must see TV!

      Delete
  3. Agreed, the mountain man is excellent but I'm more inclined to say he's the prospector type man from Blazing Saddles....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andy. To this day I have not seen Blazing saddles but if that is what he reminds you of I am all for it!

      Delete
  4. Nice work on the mountain man and shinies are always nice to receive :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamsin. Some of the shinies are now finished or in the last stages. Expect to see them soon.

      Delete
  5. The mountain man would not look out of place on the walls of the Alamo, which is slowly creeping forward to being finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tim. Indeed you are correct, there are a few more I should do but this one is totally useable at the Alamo.

      Delete
  6. Mountain man looks great and look forward to seeing you paint up the tankette.

    As for uses have a watch the Magnificent Seven that came out last year it was quite a good movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon. I do like the Yul Brinner Version so I am sure I will see the new version when it comes on TV.

      Just doing the base of the tankette now!

      Delete
  7. I like him and I'm sure you'll find a use for him (and his mates when done).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. He is for now in my Wild west box which is dragged out and use about once a year on average.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.