Thursday 30 March 2017

Never mind the Tchanka's (and an oppsie fix)

Again these are all for matt. I must say I have enjoyed painting them and has gotten me back into the mood toe 15mm again.(More of that later.

These are 15mm Tchankas from Peter Pig.  A Russian horse drawn cart with an Medium Mg used to give Russian cavalry forces a bit more fire power. used in the Russian Civil war and even WW2.

The pic on the right is a REAL one clearly you can all tell the difference but seeing the real thing might help you appreciate the carts some more than me just saying so.  Clearly they are light weight so speed was considered more important than armour. And the ability to keep along with cavalry units was cherished. The same as Modern troops using APC's to keep up with tanks.

Each one individually.

 This was the last one completed and I had to wait for the Peter Pig order to arrive before I could even start. (That is part of the Oppsie). Tchankas could have 2-4 horses and also 2-4 crew. Usually the less horses the less crew but not always. All these vehicles have 4 horses but I could quite easily have put less horses on each vehicle. The crew are in white Russian army uniforms for the Russian Civil war.
 The next one I did finish first. In this one the crew have the Cossack hat (apart from the loader). These hats could have either white or black wool trimming. I settled on white as to me it just looked better. IF mat wants another I will do black IF he chooses. But for now I prefer the white.
 This is the oppsie. I must admit I lost some parts during assembly. I lost the loader and 2 wheels. So I have purchased another vehicle and painted it and will give it to Matt to make up for it. The wheels can from a Biblical Chariot and there is no loader. So the front wheels are completely wrong. The lack of loader is not a problem to me I think 2-3 crew look better than 4. With 4 crew it looks crowded. But as Matt has paid me to paint 4 crew the other 2 vehicles have 4 crew. As this is a "Free" vehicle I feel sure he will not complain. And when they are all together as in the top pic you don't notice it at all.


The last pic is this little lot the car and a few cav all together just for Joe. Who always likes group shots. I mean no offense Joe by mentioning you, I am sure many people do as well but you mention group shots most often.

Thanks for looking today. I hope next time (Saturday) to have finished my fery first stand on ww2 Japanese Pacific war troops. Hopefully an objective marker (destroyed tankette!)

And as a final clip the clip below shows Tchanka(s) in Action in a Russian film.


20 comments:

  1. They look cracking mate. I am sure he will be pleased despite you accidentally losing some bits and the odd one looks fine and blends in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon a very quick reply indeed. I am sure Matt will be pleased with them. The Third one is free so I doubt there will be any complaints at all. But as you say it fits in well anyway.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Tamsin. Having never painted one before I must say I did enjoy them.

      Delete
  3. Great job Clint and they look superb with the other cavalry and staff car. That film was a blast too, who knew Thank had their own son and as for that final scene - oh my goodness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael. I thought it worth putting the clip in as it does show them in action. As for the final scene I do find it unrealistic but still worth watching.

      Delete
  4. I never knew such a thing existed. Wargaming is educational!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan. I am SURE there are many many things I have yet to encounter in wargaming. As such I learn something every time I play..... maybe nothing very useful but something non the less!

      Delete
  5. Cracking work Clint, machine gun chariots!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray. Machinegun Chariots indeed, you are correct. Next time Postie puts some romans on the table you know what to ask for!

      Delete
  6. What a dramatic piece of film to illustrate your models. I've met these on the wargame table in 20mm.
    Thanks for posting

    Stephen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephen. I did not have to look hard to find that film either. There are some cracking clips on UTube if you have a little search in obscure areas.

      Delete
  7. Nice really like the quirky ness of early Russian stuff.....😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Matt. I get very bored with the usual western European items and sometimes a bit of "Quirkiness" is just what is needed.

      Delete
  8. They look great. What a fab idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Irqan. They were developed as the Cossacks being cavalry had no heavy support at all. Things have changed since then though.

      Delete
  9. These are excellent Clint, Cossack goodness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andy. I am pleased with how they came out.

      Delete
  10. An update of the Roman Carrioballista (?)and probably a lot deadlier. It's a super little model and with four crew it does look a little crowded, as I think would having four horses.
    Thanks for the group shot (it does save me asking) but it's also a way to show off weeks of work too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe. It is only a little tease about the group shot and no disrespect is ever intended. And you are right it is nice to see them all together.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.