Friday 24 March 2017

Russian Civil War stuff!

Yes some more 15mm Russian Civil War stuff by Peter Pig.  And yes there will be more to come.

Today 4 more Cavalry. 2 bases each of 2 figures and a staff car.

Again the staff car is by Peter Pig. It comes in 6 pieces and with 3 crew in addition. Therefore a little bit of work needs to be done on assembly. Having said that all the pieces go together very well and are well cast so it was not an issue.


 Given the number of pieces there was no options, but it does not need any. A staff car is not something that you will need to buy many of for the Russian Civil war. If you were doing Back of beyond wargames you might choose to have a load of vehicles but again the reality is that there would be few and mostly trucks in my opinion.

Again they are painted for Matt (I will be doing my own soon enough), but probably not the Russian Civil war.

I did ask matt what colour he wanted the car and he said Green. I personally would have been tempted with eth a Maroon or a cream and Brown (Two tone) but having said that the green has come out looking quite nice so no complaints there.

That's it for today. Have fun and get the brushes out if you can.

All the best Clint

Post script: The first of my "Not going to Salute" orders has now been placed with Peter pig.  I sneaked it in just before the prices went up. So Knowing the good service they offer I expect it to arrive very soon.


18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Matt.
      When I started these I had NO interest in the Russian Civil war. But now I am even thinking of getting an army.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Tamsin. I must admit to being pleased with the result.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Andy. I should finish a Tchanka tonight as well. Which I hope to show next week.

      Delete
  4. I have heard a few people say they are not going to Salute, including a couple of traders. Personally I cannot stand the show now. It's so soulless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon. I agree. I like to go every 4-5 years but more frequently I find tedious. If It were cheaper and the queues were not so bad I would put up with it. But I find I spend £40 before I set foot inside. And that is money I would rather spend on figures.

      Delete
  5. Nicely painted bunch of figures, mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan. I am pleased with the result.

      Delete
  6. Wonderful work Clint and great to see the staff car next to the cavalry, very emotive of a changing time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael. Without doubt the Russian Civil war did change the way the world worked for at least a century. I should have something very different to show in a day or maybe 3.

      Delete
  7. These look ace Clint. Really like the car in particular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon. Considering they are 15mm I was very pleased with the outcome.

      I am now painting Tchanka! Tomorrow some 28mm figs though.

      Delete
  8. Very smart looking models. well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Irqan. I was pleased with how they turned out.

      Delete
  9. Whn I saw these I immediately though of the Villistas or some such Banana Republic! Their actual provenance came as a surprise and that they're 15mm!
    great additions to your forces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. I am currently working on some Tchanka's for later in the week. But not just yet.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.