Saturday 22 April 2017

Company command (ww2 Japanese)

As I know most will have gone to Salute and will do some very good blogs post about the show. I am simply showing my latest 15mm WW2 Japanese. A single stand of Battlefront representing Company command.

I settled on the army flag as opposed to the marine (Navy) flag for 2 reasons. 1, it is easier to paint. 2. it was a lot more common and allows these troops to function in Burma, Singapore, Malaysia etc. as well as the Islands of the Pacific.

So just 2 figures in 15mm, but another finished stand and dare I say from the game point of view a rather important one.

Enjoy all the Salute posts I am sure I will as well.

All the Best Clint

14 comments:

  1. Lovely job Clint, I'm sure this will have the rest of your troops rallying to the flag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael I can only think of the Japanese carrying flags into battle during WW2 (in Infantry units and not on vehicles or SHIPS!)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Tamsin. I saw your Salute post. Much to admire.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan. A deliberately restrained post today to get Salute out of the way.

      Delete
  4. Nice work Clit , here's my Japanese Command : http://miniature-inspiration.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/japanese-for-chain-of-command.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you jerry. I shall just pop over and have a look.

      Delete
  5. Replies




    1. ありがとう、フィル
      (Thank goodness for google Translate!)

      Delete
  6. They look great and get a hearty BANZAI! from me. Odd, really, as some of the chaps at my club were talking about how someone should start a Japanese FOW army. Not me, but if I were, I would look to you for inspiration.
    Cheers,
    M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael. A Japanese FOW army would not be good. In my Opinion, FOW is a tank dominated game and the pacific theatre is not tank heavy in most battles. I worry that the PBI rules will allow some players to take certain tanks which the Japanese just cannot penetrate. Even an M3 Lee would be very tough for the Japanese average tank to penetrate.

      On the positive PBI is not a set of rules that is so super Tank focused.

      Additionally, I have now finished my 2nd Platoon of Infantry so expect to see them soon. (End of the week).

      Delete
  7. Good to see it all coming together little by little, still difficult to get my head around that these are 15s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe I will TRY to do a view of them all together. Not quite a full company yet, but definitely getting there.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.