Tuesday 23 May 2017

Bengal Lancers (2)

Yes I have finished the Bengal lancers shown 2 posts ago. These had less wobbly legs and as a consequence have remained upright. (The others have been adjusted and now also stand upright as you will see in the last photo.)

5 more lancers with their distinctive turbans.  These were easier to paint as I have now gotten into the swing of it. Just in time to finish... such is life. No complaints that is just the  way life goes sometimes.


 One figure is a musician with a bugle while the other 4 are lancers. I was unsure what colour to do the lanyard/cording on the bugle but settled on blue in the end to match the turbans. If you know other wise PLEASE let me know so I can change it.

I gave Matt the choice of all brown horses and he selected a variety of colours. Some Regiments in history like the "Scott's Greys" were known to have horses of a set colour. Other regiments used whatever they could find. But even if Matt had said just one colour there would still be a variety of tone/colours and markings which would make each one different.

I am not unhappy with a variety of horse colours as it does allow for greater diversity. As you can see I have used a wide variety of colours from palomino to a dark grey. I have mostly stuck to various browns though as you can see in the last picture.

A tiny bit of tidying up still to do. But they are finished for the most part.

That is it for today. all the best and another post in a few days.

All the best Clint


20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Michael. Not sure what will be next..... it's a mystery! (I wish someone would tell me though so I knew what I was painting!)

      Delete
  2. Ahh a joyful sight to behold! Love the groupshot. I often stick with single horse colours in modern cav regiments, but go more diverse in medieval settings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andy. I tend to have a variety of horse colour. The reason being that is any war goes on for a while the people responsible for the regiment will eventually take any horse they can no matter what the colour. But either response is the right one I feel, it all depends on how long the unit has been "In the field"!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Tamsin. Now I need to start something new.

      Delete
  4. Excellent work here, Clint. Great group shot, which is always much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan. It is usually Joe who always wants the group shot... No criticism, just stating...

      Delete
  5. Very nice...I like these :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lee. Been dealing with "Customer service" so am a bit short tempered at this exact moment, but calming down thanks to your comment.

      Delete
  6. These do look good as a group and it's very difficult totell one batchfrom another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe still a little tidy up to do but generally I am happy.

      Delete
  7. Looking good. I have been putting off painting my lancers for far too long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pat, Kindly let me know when they are done I would love to know what they should look like.

      Delete
  8. These are very nice I could definitely do with a unit of these 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Matt. I do wonder if Matt will increase the unit size. I may not be finished yet, or maybe I am. Who knows.

      Delete
  9. Beautiful lancers, well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. I must admit to being pleased with how they turned out.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thank you bacon Fat. I will be starting more colonials later on Monday.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.