Saturday 24 June 2017

Finished in time to tomorrows game. (Unless you know othewise!)

Well the title says it all. I have everything painted in time for tomorrows game.  Or have I?

Starting with 5 tribal cavalry.  Firstly I have not had any message back from Matt so I am not sure if he has seen these yet. So he may want things changed. He probably will not but no problem if he does.

I suspect they are either Foundry or more likely Perry miniatures but alas I o not know. But I am confident some one will and that they will tell me. If I had to Guess I would say Perry miniatures based on the horses.

I have painted them in a random collection of colours so they should fit the tribal feel of the force, with some members having more money and being able to afford more colourful cloh and others less well of and having to buy the cheaper colours. I will admit that is all guess work on my part. So it could be very misleading indeed.






2 Officers for the Egyptian army. The one dressed in white is clearly European. While the one in the blue uniform is possibly Middle eastern and equally possibly Italian, Greek Spanish or even from Southern France or the Balkans.

Matt suggested the colours on these figures so I am confident they at least will e what he wants. Again not sure of the manufacture and more than happy for a more learned soul to inform me.























And while I cannot do a group shot I can at least show all the cavalry together. So the Last pic has all 7 of them in one shot.








Lastly I know Matt looked long and hard (Well that is what he told me anyway)to find an Egyptian MG> these I do know are from Old Glory. !  Officer and 4 crew and painted in the heat wave in a matter of 2 days.  The result was my red paint and a brown paint dried up and needed to be thrown away. I suspect there will be a few more as well like the dark blue (I know that was on it's last legs). As a consequence I will need to replace them tis week. maybe on Monday depends on what I am painting next. If Matt reads this before Sunday it will e more of the same and I will have to order paint as fast as possible. I am only semi joking when I type this as I am sure he will already

 Anyway despite the heat these really were fun to paint and being mostly in one colour were relatively easy.

That is it for today. But if possible have a productive painting weekend.

All the best Clint





24 comments:

  1. Very nice Clint, what fabulous miniatures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andy. Some of them were a struggle while others were a joy.

      Delete
  2. Great minis made all the better by your tip-top paint-jobs, Clint. I've thoroughly enjoyed seeing you post all these minis up and they're going to look grand on the tabletop. Well done, Sir!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon. I think we will see them on the table top tomorrow. If so and I remember the camera expect an AAR or Monday.

      Delete
  3. Excellent job and enjoy the game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon. I am now going to paint something just for me!

      Delete
  4. Great job Clint, and PLEASE, please take a photo of the entire force when you get the chance - I'd love to see 'em all together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Addict. I shall try but the reality is that I just do not know what Matt will put on the table. Although he has promised to put on my gift to him.... No clues though I will show as soon as I can.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan. Sometimes insomnia has advantages.

      Delete
  6. Great work Clint, love the varied colours on the cavalry as you say very nomad tribal looking.
    Agree insomnia has advantages !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dave Insomnia also has disadvantages as well. It is all about enjoying what ever comes along.

      Delete
    2. My bodies used to it now so means I can still be fully alert with only 2 to 3 hours sleep, one of the reasons for making so many new pieces ! LOL

      Delete
    3. We wil not try for a bigger blacker dog. But just say I know what you mean.

      Delete
  7. Oh I say the cavalry units look great Clint and I hope the game goes well tomorrow too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael. If Bob and Peter play it will be a good game. We just have to make sure Bob has the machinegun.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you Tamsin. With luck I will remember the camera... I will pack it now this instant.

      Delete
  9. Considering the sweat-shop conditions over the last week or so, you've done remarkably well.
    They eyes though on the two Egyptian types sre a bit ott imo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. So sorry about the eyes. My Paint brush died. I have purchased a new brush since.

      Delete
  10. Nicely done sir...your productivity puts me to shame at the moment, I haven't picked up a brush in weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lee. I have phases of painting and this has been quite busy for me.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.