Wednesday 26 July 2017

DEEPONES, Kermit's revenge... or an idea for IHMN

Well the title pretty much says it all. I have some (at least for me) good news. The Egyptians I had painted for Matt photo's have been found. More of that another time. I  guess my sacrifices to the Outer/older gods must have worked.

These figures are by BLACK CAT BASES ( LINK ) and are figures I received as part of my prize from Vampifan. They were a random lot of DeepOnes 5 random models at a bargain price (I WILL be getting more). 1 is still to be painted as I try to get just the right base for him so be patient he will be coming along soon, (Soon in geological terms... maybe not soon in a 5 year olds terms). But in the mean time kindly enjoy the others. I REALLY did.

These were a QUICK paint mostly just base colours and a wash and a top coat. that said I am very happy with how they came out. Nothing flashy and something we can all do  easily. (But don't tell any non painters that last bit... they will not understand.

I did paint the inside of the legs a cream as well and then thought about it and painted over with the base colour green when dry. Sometimes we all need to rethink tings as we paint.

I painted the eyes red as I looked up frog eyes on google and found them in many many colours so selected Red as it just seemed to fit best. I am not sure yet what colour I will paint any Hybrids. !!??

I want to use these to fight Royal  Navy landing party In Her Majesties Name (IHMN) as I can easily  see te deep ones turning up just about anywhere... (Maybe not Arizona but then I will use Sepant People!). Also as they have no ranged weapons some Hybrids will have to supplement them and maybe some big nasty tentacle thing as well.... which I just happen to have in the painting queue! Not sure of the Stats just yet. But at least you know my thinking... yes crazy as a box of frogs!

21 comments:

  1. A simple but very effective paint scheme. I like them a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan. Sometimes the easy option is the best option. It does not help all that much with Hybrids tough!! But I can wait and see.

      Delete
  2. Great idea for IHMN, and the artwork is spot on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Addict. It could be a good IHMN group as I can easily image them slinking around seedy London docks in the gaslight!

      Delete
  3. great rendition Clint, the colour scheme works really well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dave. Just a random green and a dark blue wash and a random cream, and then highlighted. I could easily paint 20 in a day.... be boring work though!

      Delete
  4. I had the same set (is the other crawling?) from Black Cat and also really enjoyed painting them.

    I hope you have fun with them. Go Kermit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Edwin, very nice to hear from you again. Yes the other figure is crawling, just got to find the right base for him. As I said I really enjoyed painting them so may have to get some more...

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you Andy. Some less than lovely stuff coming soon I assure you.

      Delete
  6. Those look brilliant. Really nicely painted Clint

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roy. Start to finish in less than a day. Shame I cannot say that normally. Just these were really quick!

      Delete
  7. Awesome stuff, Clint. You've made them look very very tempting future purchases, perhaps a trips to Innsmouth is in order ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon. No more Deepones from me for a while. back to historicals I suspect. Actually I know. Assuming the paint I need arrives tomorrow I should have either the missing Egyptians or the last of my Japanese WW2 to show in a couple of days.

      Delete
  8. These do look the part Clint and are some of the best Deep ones' sculpts about imo. As for Hybrids, I'd suggest normal flesh tones with some light green tones, dependent upn how 'changed' they've become.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. As for Hybrids I suspect you are right.

      Delete
  9. Stunning work Clint, I really like these and look forward to seeing they taking on the Senior Service.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael. I am sure the senior service are not worried. At present there are just too few of these to make a dent. But give me time.

      Delete
    2. Senior Service takes me back to doing the TIMES crossword with my Uncle. Senior Service was quite often a clue. Thank for the Nostalgia and memories of my now departed Uncle. I Appreciate it..

      Delete
  10. Ooh, these look great Clint! I like their cream bellies. I'll have to look into getting a set for my own collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Curt. One more to paint.... started tonight.. should be finished next week. I delayed painting it as I did not have the right type of base. I suspect I will get the Hybrids next....maybe.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.