Friday 28 July 2017

The Missing Pics

Last week I reported missing some pics of the stuff  I had been painting. Well I found them. By which I mean the camera found them. They did not appear one day but were there a few days later. And here they are.

They are all for Matt and part of his ever growing Sudan Collection. They are all also Egyptian, Matt knows I like painting them. And I think they are all old glory figures in 28mm.

Most are spare artillery crew figures along with 1 Nordenfelt Machine gun (Link to Wiki ). Clearly 4 of the figures, those in blue are officers, not just because they are pointing!

These to me are now "Old news" as they have already been returned to Matt and mighty pleased he was too.

Elsewhere on the painting table at least for now I have some Mahdist Cavalry (as well as 3 Madist foot) so expect them next week or maybe if you are unlucky for the next few weeks.


 Of my own projects I have my last Deepone. He (or maybe it is a she... I cannot tell) was delayed because I could not find a suitable base. Now however a base has been found and I can crack on as fast as I like.

A Zombie... From the walking dead game nearly finished now and should be OK to show next week.

A platoon of 15mm WW2 Japanese finished at last. Purchased in February and now just about ready for a game or two. I will admit Vampifan reignited this project by giving me enough funds to buy the Type I Ho-Ro Tank destroyers. I will admit they put me into a buying frenzy for the project and I am now just about ready.. or I will be when I start painting up some armour, Well Tankettes at least.

I shall do a post about this project probably on Sunday. With everything painted so far. But I still have some stragglers on the painting table as well. But I hope to finish them over the weekend. Fingers crossed.

Well that tells you what is coming up. I must say I am looking forward to the Japanese as I have in the past played VERY little Pacific and far east Games.

Of the two I am hoping for more Pacific Japanese Vs American games, but I know Graham (at the club) wants more Far East games.

Finally there are 5 Napoleonic French on the table as well. Almost forgot those.

Right that is enough waffle. Have a good weekend and try not to get caught doing things you should not be doing! ((By her in doors!)

All the best Clint



14 comments:

  1. I bet you're pleased to have found them again. The mysteries of technology, eh? Nice looking force of figures and that machine gun looks fearsome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan. Yes the wonders of technology indeed. They appeared when I downloaded the Deepone Pics. Now I am not claiming any Dark Arts or any conspiracies... but you just never know!

      Delete
  2. Those are looking good. I really do like the look of the Egyptians for the Sudan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roy. The Egyptians are a good force for the Sudan. While not as disciplined as the British any points based game allows you to have more. And that can be a good thing.

      Delete
  3. It's always great when something you thought was lost turns up out the blue, very nicely done Egyptians Clint

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dave. Now to finish some of my own stuff. Well maybe!

      Delete
  4. Great looking group of minis and they turned up "just like that!" (sorry - it was the Fez's)
    Sounds like a tasty queue on the painting table with plenty of variety, but your warning came too late....
    she's already caught me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Addict. I am sure her in doors has a super power to know when to blame me for something..... although she may not know what.

      I am going to concentrate on the ww2 Japanese for a little bit I think.

      Delete
  5. Plenty on the go for you presently, Clint, and these pics are a nice find too. I'm looking forward to seeing your Deep One, but as ever, anything which you post is always a treat for the eyes imho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon. Probably WW2 Japanese next. But only time will tell. Thank you for the Kind words. The Deep one currently has a wash drying. I will only know if it has come out OK later. But here is hoping!

      Delete
  6. You've got a lot going on atm Clint, looking forward to seeing it all eventually.
    The Egytians army in the Sudan I
    m sureis favourite for many gamers simply because they wear a fez (tarbush?. Strangley enough I don't recollect buying seeing any of the latter in my 10kg of Sudan metal but maybe some will show up just like your photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. Maybe they will turn up as a surprise if we all close our eyes and whisper a prayer to the dice/miniature gods or the old ones.

      No luck.. ahhh I thought not.

      As mentioned most likely be WW2 Japanese next (15mm PBI) And maybe soon I will start painting the armour.... I have no Chi Ha's (the most common type of WW2 Japanese tanks.... no one seems to sell them cheap at the moment!

      Delete
  7. Nice job.........the guys in blue look like they are doing some form of line dance 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt. That gave me a chuckle1 Just finishing stuff for tomorrows blog post. very much looking like 15mm WW2 Japanese at the moment... unless I finish the deepone

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.