Monday 18 September 2017

Autumn Skirmish show report.

Numbers were down, both in traders and customers. most likely due to Colours being on the same day. With luck the organiser will check in advance next time  and adjust the weekend accordingly. But nothing I can do so nothing for me to worry about.
The Spring Skirmish will be a Vietnam Themed show, so I will have to read a few sets of rules and work from their. My Current favourite set of Vietnam rules are "FNG" as most other sets want either platoon or company level engagements and in my mind the whole thing about Vietnam is it is squad based. But each to their own and if bigger contacts suit you more who am I to criticise!

Here are the games that were on Sunday (and I hope the club names) feel free to correct me if I make any mistakes.

The Old Guard, an Imagi-Nations game
Skirmish Wargames, Sharpes Village, 54mm



Not Sure... but 15mm naps
 
Privateers of London, The Battle of Grand Port 



Milton Hundreds (AKA Sittinbourne) Wargaming Club, Strike on Karalis, 15mm Sci-Fi


Not sure who but a rather large 40k game
 
Gravesend Gamers Guild, Battletech



Medway Wargames, Wrath of Kings
 
Maidstone Wargames Society

 
Not sure whom, but Dux Britaniarum 28mm



Herenbay&Whitstable club 20mm naps


North London Wargames Group, 6mm Battle 
And then we come to the Rainham game.




I do not like Naps. but we played a 28mm French vs Prussian encounter. But not to any result.. A nice sociable event but not really my cup of tea at all. Probably ended in a draw which of course a victory for my side. yes we could have finished it but with wandering around the show and chatting to the public we just did not. Oh well. Like I said a victory for me and Peter and a defeat for the Prussians.
 

16 comments:

  1. An interesting array of games Clint, with some great looking boards. Shame it coincided with colours, meaning a smaller attendance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dave. I do not know for sure if that was the reason for lack of attendance. It just seems the most likely explanation to me.

      It was a good show but did suffer from lack of traders and lack of attendance as well. None the less I did enjoy it.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the trip to the show. I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Irqan. Some of the games looked very good, other games looked well let's be honest, less good.

      Delete
  3. Cool photo's Clint! Great to have a chat once again.
    Dieselpunk sigh!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ray. indeed a nice chat. At least you should get in the 20th century. Napoleonic's Snooze!

      Delete
  4. I look forward to seeing what you do for Vietnam, Clint. There's so much that is a possibility to add little touches to the tabletop, be it terrain or vignettes (should the organiser wish). I'd plump for Squad-based, myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roy. As mentioned getting the right rules is the issue with Vietnam. Currently checking out (yet) another set. But Still "FNG" seems the best option at present.

      Delete
  5. Which category did MHWC fall into Clint? Looked good or less good?

    Either way its Steve's fault.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Drew. I would have to say it looked Ok to good. Not spectacular and yet not lacking. Above average but more a club game than a show game. But hard to do a 15mm Skirmish game and have a WOW factor.

      Delete
  6. Nicely done sir! Good to see you as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lee. A pleasure to see you again. I will admit I was glad you posted first as it allowed me to check some games.

      Delete
  7. Nice looking games. I am looking forward to the Derby Worlds show next month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon. I am sure I will enjoy your report on that show. Probably more than you enjoyed this one on a tiny little show.

      Delete
  8. The regular mix of games in quality that seems the norm for a small show, but nonetheless very good to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. I agree, the organiser tries to give each show a theme, but most clubs do not follow it. (This time it was Napoleonic's next time is Vietnam)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.