Thursday 19 July 2018

2 steps back wards

Well that is what it feels like. It really does.

That aside. I have been working on my 6mm (1/300th scale) Cold war stuff. I know It does not amount to much, but here they are.

They are Heroics and Ros (LINK) miniatures of BTR 60's . While not a front line cutting edge APC in 1985 they were still used and I for one have always liked them. This is enough for a company of Infantry transport. Perfect for a Nava regiment or for very front line troops of a satellite country. So Perfect for me should I do an invasion of Turkey! (Which I have mentioned before).

You have 3 platoons each of 3 vehicles and a HQ Platoon of 2 vehicles. (One command vehicle and 1 security vehicle from memory).

Easy to paint and get finished which is why I am showing them today.

As I wait for the post to deliver at least 2 parcels I have started a terrain project. I hope to have more to show on Saturday. If the parcels arrive and if I get more done I will show then. But for now just realise that not everything is new, sometimes I take old projects and revamp them and this is a case in point! Do not guess what it will be as I assure you all shall be clear in days yet to come and I zoom out and don't crop the photograph.


Until such times keep plugging away and get what wargames stuff done as you can. And rest assured that I am as well, but not always in the foreground!

All the best Clint

12 comments:

  1. Always like seeing 6mm stuff and your cold war vehicles are excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lee. Loads more to do so should be busy all the way up to Xmas on cold war stuff!

      Delete
  2. Great work on the APC's Clint, like the look of the scenery so far, and nothing wrong with recycling an old piece to get new use out of it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave, it has been so hot here I can sit still and sweat. The Terrain is coming slowly but I will not say much more at present as it s changing all the time.

      Delete
  3. Good stuff Clint, and a posting which has tempted me to drag out some old "Brigade Models" super mini-sized tanks I recall owning. Keep it up on the terrain :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks Blax. I have undercoated some brigade models tanks tonight. If I get up early enough I may get them started tomorrow. Most of the rest of my spare time tomorrow I shall be teaching my nephew maths! So painting time is cut in half at least.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Ray. I must say I have always liked the BTR

      Delete
  5. They may be old sculpts but they do the job just as well as any in that scale.
    I'm guessing your terrain is the entrance to a gorge for your pulp thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. As for the terrain wait and all shall be revealed! But they are old sculps none the less I shall try to breathe new life into them.

      Delete
  6. I do love the look of 6mm forces arrayed on the table top. We had some great games back in High School just never got around to it since coming back to the hobby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon. 6mm micro tank has a definite place in wargames history. Some of us have not as yet grown up and are still re-living It!

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.