Tuesday 17 July 2018

Real life get in the way!

Yes that nasty real life has gotten in the way for a while! Still that said it all happened AFTER I finished the Burpa Cavalry so you can see them as I start the massive tidy up as a shelf system collapsed and I have games and about 3 yards of books to find new homes for.

As you can see they are all foundry 28mm with a variety of weapons and posses! In the top 3 pictures the central character is some kind of leader or noble or some such. Just going by his armour an equipment.  He actually has quite a lot of gold paint on him and it took 4 coats in all to get him that colour. And that is  just one reason why I hate painting gold!

The other two characters are sword and spear armed and far more modest in their armour! However they were the last 3 to do so the whole batch is now finished! On Sunday Matt will no doubt (I hope so) give me some more to paint of something but as yet I know not what!

I shall I hope be in a far more positive mood, and with less to clear up on Thursday, With luck a parcel may have arrived. More of that if it does arrive.

The last two photos are of the whole batch together. 10 in all and they should make a complete unit or maybe they will all get split into several units I know not!

I was hoping to start the Jungle adventures today, as 2 players have already got back to me but the shelf collapse has delayed that.  But they shall start soon. Feel free to treat that as a warning!

So until next time. Take care, have fun and paint if you  get the chance!

 All the best Clint

14 comments:

  1. Don't you just hate real life getting in the way ! Sorry to hear about the shelves, hopefully not too much damage.
    The Burpas look great especially on mass, I will try and pull my finger out and get my submission to you as soon as possible

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dave. I do not need any submissions from you until Sunday IF you want to hold on for a while.

      As for te shelves. New shelves needed but very little damage to wargames stuff just a hell of a lot of Avalon Hill Counters to pick up and put away!

      Delete
    2. Tomorrow is my half day working so planning to go through the party creation and background then.
      Good to hear no damage, but don't envy picking up all the counters

      Delete
    3. Got some terrain plans as well. May start them tomorrow (assuming the mess is tidied up)

      Delete
  2. I feel your pain with the shelf collapse, but something good will come out of it,
    Good looking Buroa additions and the little bit of colour on each of these and the others certainly brightens up the whole batch in the group photo - they look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. You are correct something good has come out of it. A phoenix has arisen from the ashes. 5:30the following morning and I have already started!

      Delete
  3. That sounds dreadful, I hope that there isn't too much damage. That said Burpas look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael. Brown smelly stuff happens. It was not good and loads of things need to be found homes but I am getting there.

      Delete
  4. One basic rule of wargaming is there is never enough storage, so loosing a shelf sounds like a disaster. Mind you its an opportunity to replace it with something better...There are couple of shelves of my wife's cookery books that I'd like to be a bit more wobbly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lee. It has put my painting schedule behind AND gotten me side tracked! I hope in a good way. If your wife looks to have wobbly shelves the chances are she will look at you to do some DIY!

      Delete
  5. What a bummer about your shelves. On the plus side, it seems no serious damage was done, but even so you have my sympathies, mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bryan. You are correct no SERIOS damage done... some minor but hey ho! With luck another post today. And another on Saturday. (With luck Saturdays will be terrain)

      Delete
  6. Hopefully you'll soon be back in action with new shelves/storage, but that is a PITA in the meantime.

    Nice looking Burpas once again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamsin. Posted again on Thursday. but a meagre amount of painting done. Still anything is better than nothing.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.