Sunday 29 July 2018

Vampires (First 2)

Well the weather has broken at least for now and rain has fallen from the skies.  So I tried to get some tainting done!

Al morning I have had relatives here so that put a ki-bosh on that idea! They left and then 10 mins laterthey realised that they had left something behind so came back!

Despite that and problems with Tesco's chillers but that really is another story! I have managed to get 2 Vampires done. They are both 28mm but I do not know the make. I suspect tey were made in the 1980-90 era looking at the sculpts. But It could have been earlier or later.

I am panting these for Peter at the cub and I have a few more to do. Painting vampires is a struggle with colour choices as you seem to be limited to very few options. Needless to say I want them to be distinctive and different each time.

The only brief I had from Peter is to make the skin Pale. I am not sure I have done so sufficiently but I do hope so.

Anyway that is it for now. More Vampires in the week as I finish the last 3 (weather permitting)  so until then take care have fun and paint like crazy! All the best Clint

15 comments:

  1. I'm afraid i don't recognise who produced these figures but you're right, they do look old. I have to say, I'm not impressed with the sculpting of them but you've done a decent job of painting them. Personally, I'd have made their skin tones lighter but consider that a minor criticism.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan, I shall endeavour to make the next 3 a lighter skin shade maybe these two were swarthy in life! As for the next three they are equally sculpted. I know Peter got them cheap so I can only hope he is happy with them when they are handed back.

      Delete
  2. What an interesting pair of sculpts, Clint, and I like the greyish blue tones on their flesh personally. It reminds me of the nosferatu in "Salem's Lot". I'm looking forward to seeing the other three :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Blax. The other 3 are now started and I have gone (so far) with lighter skin tones. BUT keeping them grey. 2 more ladies and a male!

      Delete
  3. Nice vampires. Difficult to achieve very pale skin tones, but you’ve done well. I like the sculpts but identifying miniature ranges is well outside my scope...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andy. I still have to pin down the manufacture. I am sure some one will! The lighter skin tones seem to be working, but until they are done I will not know for sure.

      Delete
  4. Great painting Clint, the muted tones of the clothing help the skin tone greatly, I think a varying skin tone between the models can only add to the individual character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave. The next one (I call her Blue, you shall see why in due course) is about finished..... Just some tidying up. Then on with the last 2!

      Delete
  5. Brilliant! The ghoulish skin colour is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael. I hope you like the next 3 in a lighter shade.

      Delete
  6. I recognise the Nosferacha but the but the female is new to me; your mate is a lucky guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. They are all new (Old ) figures to me so you are one step ahead of me!

      Delete
  7. Thank you Ray. I promise I do have some Historical figures on the painting table as I type this. So something soon I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They do look old sculpt but good. Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lee. Now finished all the Vampires I had to paint!

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.