Friday 7 September 2018

Lion Rampant Continues.

Indeed my tarting up of my old Bretomian Games workshop troops continues. In Th "Lion Rampant" rules you are encouraged to have a leader which represents you. So here is mine (For the red and blue force).

A tad overdone you might say, but after all why not! There is a Latin quote on the Lance pendant. As you can't see clearly what it says don't try. Just know my old Latin teacher would be proud! PK I was never taught Latin!

Most of th figure is Games Workshop but it does have converted Wargames Foundry wings. Yes the wings were never intended to go on the figure. But I had them spare liked them and thought why not! I am sure there are 101 reasons why not historically but I will leave that to the boring purists, As I am clearly not one of those.

The downside is I know it will draw a lot of battlefield attention . I will call it jealousy to their faces across the table. I also realise I shall need to make the leader of the Black and White (Sable and Argent) force just as fancy and to be honest it is quite a lot of work. I may chicken out and do all black. BLACK everything including armour! We will both just have to wait and see.

I am a long way from finishing both Lion Rampant forces so there will be more to come. Count that as a threat if you like. Currently on the painting table I do have a unit of foot nan at arms. These are to be painted to fit in either faction. There are also some aeronef and SOON some 15mm sci fi. But that is looking ahead. For now just a single mounted figure. Historically accurate, not a chance. It was done only to look good and not to be historical.


That's it for today.  As you now know lots more painting to come starting with a rather large fat lady.  I will only tease and say no more at this stage.

Thanks for looking and enjoy this Friday. All the best Clint

24 comments:

  1. Not bad at all, Clint, but I'd have liked him a lot more if you'd left off the feathers, which I really don't like. On the plus side, an excellent paint job on him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan. I happen to like the wings. But appreciate they are not to everyone's taste and that is fine by me.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful looking figure. He'll certainly stand out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lee. I imagine "Lion Rampant" being Rejects type of game.

      Delete
  3. Fantastic looking heraldry Clint, the feathers aren't for me but look good on the model

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dave. What a dull world it we be if we all liked the same thing every time. That would get very boring very quickly.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Dean. It will do as one commander. 1 more yet to do!

      Delete
  5. That is outstanding work, Clint and I would be so proud if I could have painted a mini like that. Simply stunning paint-job - and I like the feathers!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Blax. A man after my own heart.

      Delete
  6. Excellent paint work Clint, I’m not bothered either way about the feathers ;-) glad you like them though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andy. Painting up some foot men at arms currently. ( Hope they will be finished next week). Not at present going my way

      Delete
  7. Great paint work Clint, he will certainly be an arrow magnet on the table.

    Cheers, Ross

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ross. He certainly will be. I need to make sure the Black and white faction has a equally tempting target.

      Delete
  8. Superb figure and very fitting for your personal character.
    When finished will the portly woman sing ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. The rather large lady will be singing tomorrow. It has nothing to do with Lion Rampant

      All will be revealed tomorrow!

      Delete
  9. I was signposted here by Blaxkleric and wow what a great paint job! I tip my hat to you Sir, great job! Checks are hard on a flat surface, but on a flowing horses cloth barring they are a nightmare. You have done a superb paint job. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Udercoat. Firstly welcome to the blog, I never know who is looking until they comment. I appreciate the comment. Just waiting for paint to dry on some foot men at arms as I type this, They will not be as good, as I think you can spend extra time on a leader!.

      Delete
    2. LOL DISASTER. Spray varnish outside and one figure took a tumble. GULP

      Delete
    3. On no! I hope it is ok? I agree characters should get more attention and that knight got it all right! I will say it again, great paint job! Makes me want one of my own.

      Delete
    4. Thanks Undercoat. No all is not well with the figure. You will see in 2 days. As for you wanting one of these knights for your self please forgive me if I do NOT volunteer t paint it!

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous looking figure and paintjob Clint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon. It makes a change when you paint a figure that you can go wild on after painting camo!

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.