Wednesday 27 February 2019

2 steps forward and some steps back

Well the title says it really. Had a re-think. Yes I know that's dangerous!

Firstly PBI western desert is no longer on the cards. Given I am now reading the rules it is not TOO late. My opponent has late war Germans and late war British and I have late war Americans and mid-late war Japanese it makes more sense to carry on in Europe. (Yes I a aware Japan does not fight in Europe!) So with the infantry in this box which I had already bought but done NOTHING with I should have nearly enough to get a force together.

That being the case I am re-painting some old vehicles.  So this has had another paint job. I shall start the other one today. I will be short of all the options but I am already closer than I was for western desert. Also more is available with regard to purchases.  In fact I shall be able to re-start a stalled project. Well here's hoping. I should say I am confident I will get the first platoon done by Monday.



Elsewhere. I am still working on my 15mm DRK AGE collection. This is a Peter pig "Gift from God!" and counts as LOOT in the Longships  game. It is the only piece of loot I have so far and as 15mm figures go was a joy to paint. All the colours are authentic so as a prize will work out just fine. When I say Prize I mean in game terms you still have to get it.

Additionally I have started to order my next force for "Gruntz". This time an Alien Race and that should arrive over the weekend. So you have been warned it shall be 15mm figure heavy on this blog for a while...... You are warned!

All the best Clint

10 comments:

  1. An interesting about -turn, but one that's understandable; well done having the courage to re-paint a vehicle, I doubt I could and a Bishop as loot ? (or am I mosssing something ?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. It took very little courage to re-paint the vehicle. To be honest It did take a lot more to change my mind (what little I have left of it!)
      As for the "Bishop!" thank you for your comment I am sure my players will just kill him on sight!

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to some 15mm sci-fi old boy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fran. I realise that it is not everyone choice. But I suspect I will be able to start some before the end of the week. (fingers crossed)

      Delete
  3. I think you've probably made the right decision concentrating on late WW2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan. As yet I am unsure. It should be cheaper but that may not be the only concern.

      Delete
  4. Off to Europe it is then, should still be fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael. I wanted Western Desert but on this occasion I am going with the easy option... well easier option!

      Delete
  5. There's no reason why you can't add the Desert War to your collection at a later date Clint?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ray. You are correct the desert war may indeed be added at a later date. It is just that at present it is not a possibility.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.