Friday 15 February 2019

DAK started!

DAK of course means Duteches Africa Korps. (may be spelt wrong.. just live with it, I  am.)
But of course you new that. All the figures are 15mm ww2. A mixture of "Flames of War" for the Horch Personnel carrier and "Forged in Battle" for the armoured cars. The VERY start of a "New Project!"

The personnel carrier first. While it did see use throughout the war this one is circa 1941-43 and in use in the western desert. It was used to transport people as well as light guns and thus saw a lot of use in every place the Germans were involved. On a personal level I DO need to but a lot more of these, but one for NOW is OK.







Also for the scouting section of the Afrika Korp I have finished 2 armoured cars. Again 15mm and as mentioned above "Forged In Battle". For those with a technical incline they are SDKFZ 234/1 armed with a 20mm arutcannon. In the western desert this should be enough fire power as all the vehicles are thinly armoured. This part of ww2 is not about having the most armour and the biggest gun. So as such it hardly maters.

I shall leave the arms races to  the kids! (Been there done that)>

10 comments:

  1. This takes me back to my early days as a WW2 wargamer with my collection of Airfix and Matchbox Afrika Korps figures. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan. I think the western Desert can be the best place to start WW2 wargaming. Or in my case "RE-START" for the umpteenth time.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Fran . It is a start, nothing more

      Delete
  3. Nice work Clint. I wish i nevet sold my 15mm DAK, are you doing the Brits too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ray. I hope to do Brits Italians and some DAK as well. But mostly Brits and Italians, the DAK I intend as mostly a supporting roll. Although I expect other players will rather play German Afrika Korrp than Italians!

      Delete
  4. All the vehicles look great Clint, off to a great start on this project mate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dave. now to get the rest done

      Delete
  5. Good start on this new project Clint, should be fun seeing this develop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. Foolishly I want to start all 3 forces at once! (British [inc Indian and Australian], Italian and German) How mad am I?!

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.