Sunday 24 March 2019

Smoke gets in your eyes. (and WIP)

Ok these were made for Peter Pigs PBI rules. That said  there is no reason not to think they could and will not be used for other rules. However I wanted something a little "better" than cotton wool. I know most of you will use cotton wool without issue But I wanted something different.

Therefore I created 5 smoke clouds. (5 more are started and 10 should be enough for me!). They were simple to do just "clump foliage" then sprayed white (3 coats) and then the bases painted and they are good to go. I must  say I am very happy with them. You only need 1 in a PBI square to represent the whole square being filled with smoke so they are indicators only and not realistically modelled terrain. I am  sure you shall do better on your own with a little thought.


 Aztec farm (2) WIP

 As you can see I have started the second part of my sci fi farm. So I HOPE  to get that finished in the week. More details when I do. Please don't try to hold your breathe it is still several days away at the very earliest.

Donner vehicle ! WIP

Yes more WIP, and this is a while off so really don't try to hold your breath (that would be a very bad idea! Continuing my dieselpunk obsession I wave started a donner vehicle. All I have done so far is break things up. Ok saw things but you get the idea! On this model (thanks eBay) I need to rebuild the radiator and the headlights. remove (that's done) the side wheels and rebuild the running boards. And then either rebuild the rain cover or rebuild the back seat not sure yet and add some MGs and some other bits and bobs, like maybe a new hood ornament.

So expect this to take weeks and not days to do. The chances are I  shall get bored and throw it away before I finish so PLEASE don't suggest anything to do with this car. But at the very least you know it is a live project.

That's all for now folks have a good Sunday and try not to get too much done or I shall be disappointed in myself.

All the best Clint.

14 comments:

  1. Great work on the smoke, Clint, and as you say they have plenty of other uses on the tabletop too. Lots of future projects to look forward to too. Marvellous :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Blax. I shall finish the next 5 smoke counters first. After than who knows. I have some 28mm Mexicans to paint as well and more 15mm sci fi. so it really could be anything.

      Delete
  2. Plenty to keep you busy here, Clint. Get cracking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ThaNK YOU BRYAN. I do not like showing wip as many assume that will be the next thing done. Which is VERY unlikely!

      Delete
  3. Cough......cough, christ that smoke is getting everywhere.....cough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fran. Wait until it is used as ww1 mustard gas!

      Delete
  4. Quite a mix of thing you've poduced or are producing and the lime green makes that vehicle realy stand out !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. You may thank "Matchbox" for the lime green, absolutely nothing to do with me. When I get around to painting (many moons from now) I seriously think it wlll be a different colour.

      Delete
  5. Great looking smoke effect Clint, off to a good start on the farm, and look forward to seeing what you do with the car ( while NOT holding my breath ! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dave. The car (like the airship....whoops say no more and they will forget about it! are just beginning plenty more to do before Anything is shown.

      Delete
  6. I do like the dust clouds Clint, nice work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ray. Many modern weapons fire smoke rounds. And in PBI sometimes it is just what you need, a bit of extra concealment

      Delete
  7. Nice one Clint, those markers look fab

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andy. with LUCK I should get 5 more finished today.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.