Monday 18 March 2019

Spring Skirmish show

As mentioned yesterday I was at the Spring Skirmish show yesterday. Firstly I did have a good time but the show is mostly about "toy Soldiers" as opposed to wargaming. Yes there were about 15 Traders there but mostly NOT selling what I want and more "Toy Soldier" based than wargaming. But everyone is allowed to like their own thing. For me once you have seen 1 unpainted plastic soldier the appeal of looking at them does diminish.

There was a bring and Buy stall, but nothing for me. Either to buy and as for selling I decided not to. I gave 2 Osprey books away to friends as they were doubles for me bought as a job lot!

None the less here were the games:
Rainham wargames club ( our game)


Skirmish Wargames Club

As above

Milton Hundreds Wargames club
"What a Tanker" participation.

As above

Gravesend (I think)




Medway wargames
Game of thrones game

Old Guard Wargames Club


The Privateers of London Club
Who I think only do Naval engagements!

Maidstone wargames club.



 
Kitt Miniatures
Starship battle.

 
Replica Model Soldiers.
More a display of toy soldiers than a wargames club.


As te theme was Sudan
a display of real artefacts
from the wars/battle






13 comments:

  1. Your game looks pretty cool Clint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray. I intend to do a game report some time this week. (Fingers Crossed)

      Delete
  2. Thank you Fran. Well know we miss you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely posting Clint, and its made me even more eager to see your AAR :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Blax. I shall try to do the AAR on Wednesday. Just as a teaser, I did not achieve as much as the real life commander did.

      Delete
  4. Even though there wasn't much there you wanted was good that you had a good time, and some nice looking games on show

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dave. I shall not be going to Rochester. I phoned them and they do not have what I want. And 1 item was of your range! Yes the show was good and for me not a spending opportunity BUT a good time at least.

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you had a good time there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan. No offence meant but not much their for you at all I think. Very little for me as well, but sometimes that is the way it goes.

      Delete
  6. Even though it may have beebn aimed at toy soldiers the game still look good advertisments for the hobby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. This time last year it was down to just 1 trader due to the snow. So it has the potential to grow. But it is not there yet.

      Delete
  7. I always enjoy seem pictures from shows Clint so thanks for posting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frank. I agree it is always good to see anothers games and figures you never know what will inspire an individual!

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.