Wednesday 17 April 2019

Oppps i did it again!

NO not a song but feel free to hum it while you read!

Okay the problem. Myself and the club has a LOT of 6mm Cold War era stuff. (mostly Vehicles) that we do not use. So what I am proposing is not a new idea. Very simply it is using these rules (yes I know I like Challenger!!) and swapping scale. Very simply this will allow almost All the club members to participate. Even those player with nothing! If you have nothing you will be lent enough to get you started, although probably a company or two and NOT what you want!

That said I think there is enough Soviet/American and British stuff that can be used that has been "donated" to the club in the past. But if you want something quite obscure you will be on tour own.

The idea is that eventually and this is a LONG way down the road we have enough to play "The Zone!". That may not actually happen But the Idea is there. The next stage is to read the rules and pick a setting! Yes a setting. That will depend on what players want! They may want West Germany (Fudal Gap) Which is the classic Cold war/ Zone setting but  they may well want Canada/Alaska (Shortest route) or even Arab Isreali wars. Only time will tell. And to some extent I shall leave it to them.



Until next time all the best Clint.
Post script: I am supposed to be painting some of my figures but it went wrong. So if I can pull it back they may be next time or the time after.

16 comments:

  1. Although I am not a fan of any small scale wargaming I am a fan of "The Zone" novels so I'll watch your posts with interest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan. I think I am missing 1 "the Zone" novel and they rosily remind me of my youth. As for small scale wargaming I am a huge fan. No good scale wise for Skirmish games but if a company is needed to me it is the right scale.

      Delete
  2. Great idea to utilise what you have and get as many people as possible involved Clint. Hope your plan plays out the way you would like mate.
    The new blog is up and running if you haven't seen it https://wargamesculptorsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dave. I shall check the new blog.

      No plan survives contact with the club!!! A lot will depend on what the game both plays like and looks like.

      Delete
  3. we do team yankee in 6mm, works really well, epic size battles possible. We have even done it in 3mm, which also works

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martin. It is encouraging to hear that.

      Delete
  4. Good luck getting a group to to a project together, a bit like herding cats and I reckon you'll need more than luck ! *maybe a whip ?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. Some cats cannot be herded even with a shotgun.

      Delete
  5. Brilliant! Any change of direction that sees you use your existing collection to good effect has to be a win in my book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael. Everyone at the club has different likes and dislikes. But time will tell if I have this correct!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Than you Simon. Lots to do but each journey starts with a single step!

      Delete
  7. "Even those player with nothing! If you have nothing you will be lent enough to get you started, although probably a company or two and NOT what you want!".....Lol and right on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fran. I think what I am trying to say is that if you wanted Norwegian Sky troops The chances are they would not be available BUT if you wanted Turkish front line army troops we could probably rustle them up! You know what it's like. So Spanish foreign Legion is out and British Territorials are in!

      Delete
  8. Excellent Clint. Team Yankee/Fate of the Nation/Oil War works so much better in 6mm. Well IMHO it does as I have big 6mm Arab Israeli tank armies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carl. I could easily go for Fate of a nation (Arab-Israeli wars) but I am not yet sure what my players would think. While I know of only 1 Jewish wargamer at the club I suspect almost everyone would want Israeli forces!

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.