Friday 5 April 2019

Sci fi heavy weapons 15mm

Just a quick post of the Astragar heavy weapons. They are of course 15mm Critical Mass Games . At present I have just 1 of these my dilemma (although dilemma is far to dramatic word) is Do I a] have one with each squad or b] have them as separate things. I do have enough APCs to do either so that is not an issue.  It is just that I have an option in the "gruntz" rules and have no idea what will be best. Squad support or a weapons Squad. There are advantages to both approaches. and also drawbacks. Finally I could do both! Doing both seems wrong but I just do not know at this stage.

If you play "Gruntz" and actually know what plays best I would be delighted to know. If you don't play "Gruntz!" (probably most of you still feel free to comment and I shall take it from their.

Finally started some more 15mm vehicles so with luck the next post will be on Sunday.


Until then take care and paint if you get the chance. All the Best Clint

12 comments:

  1. They do look rather cool. I know nothing at all about "Gruntz" so I'm afraid I can't advise you on force selections or anything else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan, I am not expecting any advice really about force selection (but you never know). I suspect I know what I shall do but not sure just yet.

      Delete
  2. Very nice work, sorry haven't played Gruntz yet but as a general rule I go for balance in my platoons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Don. Balance and flexibility may very well be the key. As yet not finally settled on an outcome but writing this and from the comments so far perhaps I do have a clue.

      Delete
  3. A quick but very colourful post, Clint. Great palette choice for your aliens, and I'd be very interested in hearing more about "Gruntz" as I don't play it - but have heard it mentioned a few times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Blax. To be honest I have not played it yet either. BUT I have met the author AND I went to university with one of the playtesters. I hope to get a game in soon. (or at least soonish!)

      Delete
  4. Brilliant job Clint, really colourful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael. I still have reservations about the purple metallic armour but at least for the moment I shall put up wish it.

      Delete
  5. Looks great Clint, don't play grunts but you know my opinion heavy squad as support

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave. Yes support for squads is important. Not sure if they need it attached or separate at this stage. I shall wait and see.

      Delete
  6. They do look good and you know fine well that you're going to do both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe and you are probably right... I may well do both

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.