Wednesday 12 September 2018

An Appology

Firstly I need to apologise. Some very VERY kind and generous soul painted these figures for me and  sent them as a secret gift. What comes next in no way devalues that persons generosity. I was then and I am now deeply touched. And that is the only reason for this blog post. I am now going to repaint them. It is not that I do not value them as they are but I want to bring them in line with the figures I already have. Trust me I do like them and because I like them I desire to sue them rather than have them sit on a shelf and get dusty and unused. Who ever sent them I strongly hope this does not offend you at all. That would be my least wanted outcome.

I am repainting/re-basing most of my 15mm sci fi and the idea is to bring these into line with the rest.

I have no interest in which of my readers sent them. I shall assume you all did.

I shall post them when finished in a day or four.

All the best Clint. Inside I am smiling at your generosity!

16 comments:

  1. What a great gift Clint, and if repainting them means you have a use for them then that's what needs to happen. I'm sure who ever sent them can appreciate that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dave I really hope so. It did not feel right to repaint them without acknowledging the fact first.

      Delete
  2. Better re-painted and re-iesed than sitting gathering dust imo.
    Also right to inform the generous gift-giver of your intentions too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agree completely with Joe! such an amazing act of generosity deserves such a polite & considerate response

      Well done all involved

      Delete
    2. Thank you Joe. To me it seems the right thing to do, But I hope no slight is taken, for none is intended.

      Delete
    3. Thank you Mr Nash I agree and I hope I can do a good job on them and give them the game time they deserve.

      Delete
  3. I agree wholeheartedly with the above statements, I very generous gift and I’m sure the person who sent them would rather they get used than remain display only

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andy. I hope to use some in my first game of Gruntz! I appreciate the comment.

      Delete
  4. 100% agree with above comments Clint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frank. The Re-paint shall start tomorrow. (Maybe). Just finishing a few things off first.... may take longer than I expect! Thank you for the kind words.

      Delete
  5. It is always a pleasure to receive unexpected gifts. I'm very pleased for you. If you want to repaint them to match your existing figures then go ahead. It just makes perfect sense to do so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan, reluctant to paint over anothers work but I do like the figures and do want to use them. 2 Droids first though.... to finish the "Fitters Truck!" A nought of this until another time.

      Delete
  6. What a great gift Clint. Shame you have to redo them, But a must is a must.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ray. I feel bad about re-painting and re basing. But better that than have this sit in a box on a shelf unused.

      Delete
  7. It would be fine dude don't sweat it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon. Just trying to do the right thing.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.