Tuesday 11 September 2018

Green and Yellow men at arms Lion Rampant

Yes a unit (well very nearly) of Men at arms for Lion Rampant. I do intend to do another at some point so stay tuned. Actually no need to stay tuned it will probably be a few weeks time. So dismounted Knights or Men at arms come in units of 6 in Lion Rampant. Yet still fight better than most other units.

The banner bearer needs to be changed. Nothing wrong with the banner or the painting but when taking him out to varnish he fell on a concrete path and shattered and I have lost an arm. No rush for this but it shall be done shortly after Selwg wargames show.

I did look at putting yellow at the top of the banner and green beneath. It seemed the most logical arrangement, and that is exactly why I did not!

The figures are all Perry Agincourt British men at arms and therefore 28mm. As such they will fit in with my Lion Rampant forces quite well. There iare exactly the right amount of left and right arms so I cannot go for different options this time which also means I cannot easily switch out weapons. Thus they all have 2 handed weapons in the form of short spears or Pikes Battle axes, pole axes and the like. I quite like this as it adds to the look of butcher-ism!

I have been busy last night rebasing figures. So most likely that next time as I prepare for a "GRUNTZ" game. And the hope of learning the rules. As such I am currently making some more terrain. I shall do a walk through probably next week.

If there are any "GRUNTZ" players who read this I may well have some questions about force composition next time.

Until then good painting, enjoy the days ahead and paint your hearts out if you can.

20 comments:

  1. Great looking men at arms Clint, shame about the arm. Do like the mix of two handed weapons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave yes it is a shame about the arm. However I refuse to beat myself up about it. I will simply pay 31.40 and buy an Essex miniature to replace him. Yeah it's more painting but they are an easy paint!

      Delete
  2. A cool-looking fighting force. I'm sure you meant to say a replacement Essex miniature will cost you £1.40 not 31.40. It's an easy mistake to make to forget to press the Shift key.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan. LMAO yes £1.40 from Essex. My mistake I am happy to say. (I thought about correcting it in the blog post but if I do I need to credit Bryan for spotting the mistake). It shall be done swiftly,

      Delete
  3. Nice work Clint. Is there a Perry plastic command spru available in this range, it would give you a cheaper alternative than lead.
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Peter I shall look into it. But honestly £1.40 is not so very expensive I may (Just) be able to stretch that far!

      Delete
  4. Nice figures Clint, pity about the arm and I recon I could stretch to £1.40 just now; its the postage that would get me 😃

    Cheers, Ross

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ross. I intend to wait for a show and Pick one up their. Cuts all this postage out and we are happy. Just have to wait 5-6 weeks is all.

      Delete
  5. Great looking MAA, Clint. Love the armor - houndskuls and great bascinets are a favorite helmet of mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dean. I suspect you know more of this period than I do. I have Hollywood learning so very little real knowledge.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you Lee. Still lots to do as I build 2 forces.

      Delete
  7. Great looking minis. They will look awesome as a whole force on the table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carl. They are a quick and easy paint Additionally I have one more unit to do.

      Delete
  8. Really like this unit mate, very nice indeed. Shame about the arm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andy. Accidents happen to us all at times. I am sure this will be rectified.

      Delete
  9. Not really my period, but one I appreciate seeing and the poleaxe is certainly my favourite all-time melee weapon, just a pity the closest I ever got to using anything similar was a halberd!
    Shame about your banner bearer, is he now Man at Arm ? On the other hand, in the picture he does still look a bit handy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. Groan and Groan Please do not think about a career on the stage as a comedian. I shall come back with this unit even stronger.

      Delete
  10. Looking very nice indeed there, Clint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ray. I would agree apart from the broken one. Be warned sci fi soon. (A lot of it)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.