Saturday 29 September 2018

Scientific survey team 15mm Gruntz)

Actually 2 things in one post. Firstly a repainted gift. These are the figures that were given to me a couple of years ago. I have now repainted and rebased them to better  fit with my sci-fi world. 15mm GZG (I am told). I went blue as they will then pop on my boards which I must admit are lacking any form of blue! 8 figures in 4 different poses and while they do all carry pistols combat is not a primary role. As such I shall use them as survey teams just plotting and mapping the planet.

That should be more than enough  of non combatants doing science things for now and I hope for the future.





Terrain!
I feel a bit cheeky calling this terrain. So 4 Solar panels.
As you can see they are Blotz Solar arrays. They come in a pack of 4 for £4 (at time of publishing) . (Blotz Link) As for price and scale they can't be beaten. Thes solar panels could be equally used in 28mm or 15mm They really are that versatile.

The pack consists of 4 clear acrylic panels and 4 stands. There are no instructions but you would have to be quite challenged to assemble them in a different way. Having typed that I just know someone will! They do come with a plastic film which covers the clear acrylic as you can see in the picture. I found this covering to be easily removed with a finger nail. Assembly was equally easy1 base and 3 uprights which all fitted together very easily.

I wanted a different look to the panels so I sprayed everything matt black. When I look at solar panels I do not see them clear, but being sci fi fell free to have them clear.  You can see where the panels are attached to the stands. Being Black it does help to minimise this. .

The last pic shows the stands/panels from each side so they will need some ground colour/texture to fit into the boards. Quick and easy and they shoud fit on the boards in both civil and military modes. It all depends on what I put with them. As I do intend to make a "farm" I can clearly see these as a power source.... and therefore a target for my opponent!

That's it, have a good weekend and with luck more again on Monday.



22 comments:

  1. Great looking survey team Clint, like your rendition of the solar panels as I to see them as black cells

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dave. Spraying them black on one side BEFORE taking the protective coating off them has worked for me, but each must find what works best for themselves. We are all different and Sci fi is not one size fits all, so different solutions are always possible.

      Delete
  2. Nice work on the survey team, I have the same guys, I also have that blotz set, I really like what you did with them mate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fran. The Solar arrays are easy to do. MATT black spray paint on all but 1 surface, then assembly. 5 minutes work.

      Delete
  3. For 15mm scale figures and terrain, they do look rather good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan. I am sure the solar panels could be used at 28mm. They would be a little small though, but only a little small.

      Delete
  4. Great work on the Gruntz, Clint. Love the striking blue attire you have gone for. Very eye-catching indeed :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Blax. I selected the blue as it should e more distinctive than any other colour on the background.

      Delete
  5. Nice work Clint, you got to have some civies about....)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Don. While I do already have some civies a few more soft targets are always fun to have.

      Delete
    2. Pesky Media teams are fun to chase about.....)

      Delete
  6. Nice work Clint. That blue certainly does pop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ray. I wanted to make it very clear they were not military!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you Scully and welcome to the blog. I do tend to be a bit all over the place as ideas come and go!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you Brummie. Managed to source another pack of solar panels so Guess what is planed for the week ahead?

      Delete
  9. I do like the scientists' colour scheme and yjey will stand out n the table, whther they want to or not is another matter.
    The solar panels look good, if a lttle dull, the ones I've seen seem to have a blue sheen to the panels, but then again they're not that interesting on the whole are they ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. I suspect they would rather NOT stand out! hee hee hee.
      I am not at all concerned with the panels being "Dull". There should (I hope) be enough going on in the game to make it look attractive without the panels being all singing and dancing.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.