Saturday 20 October 2018

Red and White spearmen and SELWG plans.

Firstly I have finished my next unit for "Lion Rampant". This time Red and white spearmen. You probably worked all that out from the blog title. Oh yes you did! Anyway these are 28mm Plastic Perry miniatures,  from the box  "Agincourt French Infantry" there is enough in the box for a unit of x bow as as well. And if I buy another spure  a total of 2 crossbow units and 2 spear units can be made. It would be rude not to!


By painting them red and white they can fit into either of the two forces I am building so quite versatile. I will like wise do the same with the Crossbows and then I shall change colours, Perhaps Green and yellow I am not sure yet.

 I  did not paint the faces well, but well enough. I found the spears and helmets were just too much in the way. And I do not regret painting then as I have done.

CHANGE OF SUBJECT

I have several "Plans" for Selwg show. Yes a show report soon and Zombtober entry SHALL be late. Sorry real life and all that. I have started it and HOP to finish today or MAYBE tomorrow but it may need to wait until Monday.

Here are my planned spendz, I wonder how tey shall compare to what I actually buy.

  • Crooked Dice. Maybe if I am feeling flush buy 7TVe2 and 2 starting casts.
  • GZG I only desire 2 packs from Jon Tuffneys 15mm Stargrunt range. Saying that is one thing but maybe I am looking at a lot more.
  • Brigade Games. Again some 15mm Sci fi stuff. IF I do not get it from GZG.
  • Peter Pig, the Spanish Civil War rules. and a pack of heads, (All pre-ordered!)
  • OPTIONAL
  • Tumbling dice, some 1/600th scale aircraft! And maybe a Check you 6 rule book
  • Too Fat Lardies. Maybe a "Bag the Hun" rulebook.
Well those are the plans at this stage. but I am sure I shall bet some impulse buys as well.

I was going to meet an old friend, but he cannot get time from work so that shall be a miss.

Thanks for looking. More again soon.
I hope tomorrow with a loot post and Zombtober figure finished!

Take care, hav e fun and paint if you can. All the best Clint

 
 

13 comments:

  1. That's a cracking good unit of spearmen, Clint. Well painted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan. I may get side-tracked, but crossbows next. Then all depends on what the show brings forth.

      Delete
  2. Thank you Skully. Another unit shall be started soon (well soon-ish)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marvellous work, Clint, when are we going to get a group shot of all these well-painted knights then?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Blax. A group shot? Hmm let me think a while. Nothing planned as yet. Maybe after the next unit! I shall see but nothing promised at this stage.

      Delete
  4. Have a good SELWG and kick Ray in the shins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fran. No I will not kick Ray in the shins without good reason. But I shall pass on your warm greetings instead.

      Delete
  5. They certainly do look like spearmen to me! You;ve done another good jon with the contrasting colour scheme and being able to use them for eithe rof two forces is an added bonus.
    It's good to have a plan, even though it may not survive long - have fun at the show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. Both colours from heraldry so the palate mad sense to me. I shall do a Black and yellow unit as well although that may be crossbowmen, not sure yet.

      No plan survives contact with the TRADERS.

      Delete
  6. That's a nice looking unit of spear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you David. I shall start another unit as soon as I am able. But crossbows next I think.

      Delete
  7. Hopefully I'll be able to catch up with you tomorrow.

    Nice work on the spearmen :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eamsin, Yes see you at the show.
      Just so you know I am unable to post comments on your blog but always enjoy the read.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.