Tuesday 9 October 2018

They came from benethe the waves

As I still have relatives here. Painting has been quiet. So rather than start something new I have been re-painting! These are Crooked Dice "Conch Kin". I have of late gotten back into 7TV and in 2 weeks time shall contenmplate buying the rules again. (2nd Edition, I currently have 1st)

So why re-paint these. Well let us just say "Long term plans". I shall talk (I hope) to Carl at the SELWG show  and with tremendous luck get a game in. Just a small skirmish to re-ignite my interest. If all goes well I shall make a board in which these shall feature.

All terrain making has ground to a halt due to awaiting a delivery. But the mentioned delivery is but a few days off.  So back to making terrain , I hope< by the weekend.

Meanwhile I am finally reading the rules for Crimson Skies. The old FASA game. Yes I am looking to play some of this game. But I cannot say for sure UNTIL I finish reading the rules.

That's todays update. Not huge I know but relatives have slowed me down no end. All the best Clint.

18 comments:

  1. Great looking repaints Clint, hope your scenery material delivery spurs you back on, will catch up with your blog when I get back from my holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dave I shall look forward to it! Perhaps I shall have finished the "Death Match " Arena as well by them. (Fingers crossed!)

      Delete
    2. Something to look forward to on my return mate

      Delete
    3. I "SHOULD" ALSO FINISH THE (opps Caps lock!) Male alien arachnid by then as well. (Fingers crossed).

      Delete
  2. Marvellous stuff, Clint. I too have been thinking about a return to “7TV”; albeit the first edition - as I’m not that fond of the second, so look forward to seeing what you get up to with this project. I’m a fan of “Crimson Skies” too, so any posts involving that will always attract my attention. great post :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Blax. As I have not YET tried 2e 7TV I shall not comment about the rules except to say if I do not like them "Pup alley" shall be my way forward. I plan to build a dedicated board if I like 2e though and have the idea already sketch out. But Talk to Carl first.

      Crimson Skies Is a game I always waned to play but never did. Then I found a pristine set on Ebay going cheap. So a good read has started about 1 year after I got it!

      Delete
  3. Nice figures, didn't know them at all. I like that old-school alien violet aproach you chose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Skully. Colour wise I was looking at marine life and not aliens But happy that you could not tell the difference. Makes me feel I have painted them right!

      Yes they are CD figures although I am not sure they are currently produced.

      Delete
  4. Excellent bunch of monsters, Clint. I look forward to seeing them in action. I do like 7TV2e but never played first edition so I can't compare them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan. I shall try 7tv2e myself. You never know I may prefer e1 or Pulp alley. I suspect it will be a year before the terrain is ready so there is at this stage NO RUSH. That comes later and panic sets in!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you Fran. They do have a charm to them.

      Delete
  6. 7TV2 is an awesome game Clint, I highly recommend it. These are excellent minis dude and are very characterful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andy. I own and enjoy 7TV so appreciate the merits. I have not YET tried 2e but have high hopes.

      Delete
  7. Very nicely done Clint. I love the Conch kin some of my favourite CD Beasties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon. You never know, perhaps maybe they shall be part od the crew that comes to Birmingham.

      Delete
  8. Well, those critters came out of nowhere, but htey do look good and should make for an amusing game or two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. I suspect I may use them in a few different games. Maybe even as bio-mechs in 15mm sci fi! But that is not and never has been the plan.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.