Wednesday 8 May 2019

Pulp Alley started!

I have spent the last few days thinking (No jokes about "burning dust" please!).At the club we do have one player (Peter) who plays Pulp Alley at another club! So I know we are not totally adverse to the idea. (Some people will be no matter what  while others embrace the idea!) Anyway over the last few days I have been thinking we should play "Pulp Alley" at the club. But what kind of PULP I hear you scream in my head. Now there is the rub (misquote Shakespear). I want to do Dieselpunk. BUT I am away from doing this at present just because it will take some time.

So what about Western Pulp? Now I think it is a good idea. There is PLENTY of precedence for Western pulp. (Just do a very quick internet search if in doubt). And for this I am READY TO GO. I have about 75-100 painted figures and a model western town. So a standard western game is a possibility! A good and strong possibility.

BUT knowing that Peter (as mentioned above has a Vampire league (I know as I painted it for him) I was thinkin Wild West Horror!

So That is the plan now. Some of you I can tell are delighted.  This also allows other club members with amore historical bent to play  straight cowboys and Indians. (Should they choose, and some will). So I have now started to convert some of the wild west setting to more Horrific than normal.

Ghost town.

OK where to start.  I have started with  a derelict house. Yes this a pre-cut MDF building. (Sarrissa I think). I shall get some more and make them for my Ghost Town (in my head I am calling the town "Bitter-Creek!" but that is  subject to change. ) Anyway the Ghost town does not need many buildings. I think 5-6 is enough As "Pulp alley" is played o a 3' by 3' table and we are not looking for a metropolis!


 While I only have 1 building finished at this stage. I shall add more in the next few weeks.  I already have 2 more to add but at present they are still wrapped and pristine.

My "Pulp Alley rules!
Additionally I have 2 packs of Foundry cowboy Zombies (painted), so they are ready to go. Add the figures from "Draculas America!" and I have enough of a selection to get me going until a player wants something odd.... which is probably straight away!


Currently on the painting table
  • 3 Wild west Mexicans in 28mm.
  • 1 platoon of 6mm Middle-east Modern troops with transport. (BMP1s or BTR 70s not sure yet)
  • 1 unit of 15mm Buffalo Soldiers (9th or 10 Cavalry) Then this force is finished.
  • 1 squad of 15mm cold war Russians.  (Just starting these.
  • Anything I get side-tracked onto!
Ok just a building finished for today. I am still struggling to get back into painting!

All the best Clint.



26 comments:

  1. A good start, look forward to some Weird Wild West!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fran. I might work on some Franonia scout cars next. You are warned. I got a few samples today and am eager to try them out! Or I may paint Mexicans

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a plan, add some cactus and you are good to go. I'll get my frock coat, slit my eyes and keep cheecking my pocket watch !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phil. make sure you have Ennio Morricone Playing as background music as well and you are all set. Well that and a "Dee Guard" Bowie knife!

      Delete
  3. Love the look of the building Clint, looks very run down and abandoned, you certainly seem to be covering all your bases with what you've got planned to make it accessible to as many at the club as possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dave. I may need more Cactus from you as well, I am sure you won't mind selling some more! I check with Tory to see if she has them in stock!

      Delete
    2. No problem at all mate, if she's out let me know as I may be at Broadside

      Delete
    3. Thanks Dave will do. And if you are at Broadside be good to chat!

      Delete
  4. Excellent, I'll look forward to hearing more about your adventures!

    If you're playing "Wild West Horror" then you might want to consider using the optional Pulp Alley "Horror Deck" of cards. I've not tried it myself, but I imagine it will add an element of fear to games :-) ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hugh. I have yet to sort out a deck so it might be worth looking at the Horror deck first as you suggest!

      Delete
  5. Pulp Alley is a very flexible set of rules that will work in any setting, & like Hugh said the horror deck will add to things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frank. A lot depends on how players react to the idea of course but I am hopeful. I shall look into the Horror deck, it may be just the thing.

      Delete
  6. Sounds fun. Look forward to seeing some reports and of course lots of wonderful pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brummie. I need to get my finger out as I plan the first game in 3 weeks> I SHOULD manage it, but you never know.

      Delete
  7. Great stuff, Clint, and terrific start to your plan. Looking forward to seeing how this all pans out with some BatReps :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Blax. The rules tend towards action packed fast games so having the camera at the ready at all time is I think a must!

      Delete
  8. I shall be watching this with interest Clint as the Pulp rules keep coming up on my radar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael. There is even a Solo set of rules (which I don't have). So there is little excuse if you do like them for a game.

      Delete
  9. Great looking building Clint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youRay. Ther shall be and there does need to be more. That is something I shall work on.

      Delete
  10. Westerns are a good fall-back as I reckon most gamers have more than a passing interest in the renre. From my perspective I'm sad that you've gone for a "Weird West" take on it, but if it gets more folk interested then it's understandable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. who is to say, if most people want standard wild west that may be the way to go. Additionally Weird West might not be all that weird. It all depends on what people at the club want.

      Delete
  11. Looks like a fun project. A good counterpoint to some of the more 'serious' topics we play.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lee. I shall try to get Postie and Ray involved at some point... Heaven knows what they will think.

      Delete
  12. Hi Everyone,This was how me and my Boyfriend became VAMPIRES. I got a guy from the internet called Lord who was a VAMPIRE so i told him that me and my boyfriend would love to become a VAMPIRES so he asked me of my Name ,Country, Age ,State , address and in the next 3 days i got the blood sample through the DHL which me and my boyfriend took in the blood into our body and in the next 30 minutes we turned into a VAMPIRE so if you are interested in becoming a VAMPIRE. First: Vampires is not at all like in the movies or books, Sure. I understand. You are young; you have the whole world open to you. You can be anything that you choose if you apply yourself and try hard to work toward that goal. But being a vampire is not what it seems like. It’s a life full of good, and amazing things. We are as human as you are.. It’s not what you are that counts, but how you choose to be. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Richvampirekindom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happiness is all i see now big thanks to Dr. igene from West Africa (NIGERIA), I never thought that I will live on earth before the year runs out. I have been suffering from a deadly disease herpes Virus for the past 2 years now; I had spent a lot of money going from one place to another, hospitals have been my home every day. Constant checks have been my hobby not until this blessed day, I was searching through the Internet, I saw a testimony on how Dr. igene. from West Africa (NIGERIA) helped someone in curing his herpes Virus . quickly I copied his Whatsapp Contact: +2348133321898 just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did,he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days after using the herbal medication, I was free from the deadly disease, he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now, please brothers and sisters, he is great, I owe him in return. if you are having a similar problem just contact him by Email: at [ drigeneherbalhome613@gmail.com ] whatsapp him on +2348133321898 HIS HAVE THE CURE TO THIS FOLLOWING DEADLY DISEASE [1] Ischemic heart disease [2] Cerebrovascular disease [3] Lower respiratory infections [4] Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease [5] Diarrhea diseases [6] Trachea, bronchus, lung cancers [7] Tuberculosis [8] Diabetes mellifluous [9] Hypertension heart disease [10] HIV/AIDS

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment.