Thursday 16 August 2018

Second archer unit (Re-painted)

Yep that is unit no 2 finished. As you can see I have removed the banner bearers but retained the musicians. As you can see I have kept the Sable and Argent (black and White or Silver) colour scheme.  Painted a drummer and 11 archers. As last time there is no purchase prise as they are all old figures.  They are as I am sure you already know Bretonnian Archers from Games Workshop. But I shall be using them as general archers for Lion Rampant! So a swap of figures from a Fantasy game to a historical game. This switch for me sp far, has worked really well.

At the bottom is a pic of both units. And at this stage it isall I have managed to COMPLETE. I shall need to work on some other stuff soon so expect the next post to be something a bit different! (Not wildly different just not Lion Rampant probably Crimean war!)

That's it for today, just a quickie and no frills.
All the best from Clint and with luck you will all have a great day!







12 comments:

  1. Great job on the repainting these classic archers from Citadel.

    Cheers, Ross

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ross. These are 2/5ths of twhat I plan to do. So a god start, but only a start!

      Delete
  2. Really great work Clint, you managed a lot in less than a week ! the new colour scheme looks a lot more natural

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dave. This is only 1/2 of the forces. The other shall retain the blue and red simply because it is far to much work to change it now!

      Delete
  3. Nicely done, Clint. They're looking very smart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan. For some reason I find these much easier to re-paint than I did the first time around. I will need to ponder this.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Lee. More historicals on their way.

      Delete
  5. Fab stuff Clint, classic minis and excellent re-purposing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andy. I suspect you will like the leader of the army when he finally gets shown.

      Delete
  6. As good as new, always good to see 'old' fiugres refurbished for use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. Slowly the cavalry are coming together...... very slowly.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.