Thursday 16 May 2019

35+ years later!

That maybe a record for me. More of that later though.

While I have finished very little that is a long way from thinking I have not done a lot. Just most of it is not anywhere near finished! So let,s start with what I have done.

Here is a platoon of H+R infantry and transports. The transports are 6mm BMP 1's the infantry are equally small. Strickly speaking I need another BMP and a couple more stands of infantry for the HQ of the platoon. But this is a start.

OK so what has taken 35+ years. ? Yes I can hear you ask even from there so I will keep you in the dark no longer.  Yes my desert. This is how it was and as I have always been led to believe it might stay. BUT. And that is a big BUT with a capital B. I looked on line and found I can afford the nessercary materials. That being 10mm thick "Foam Board" so I ordered a pack. And Yes it arrived. So my 1/300th scale desert has taken a step forward.

As I only started with 2 A1 sheets buying 5 more sheets Should (I hope) be enough. Time will tell but I am hopeful. So expect desert to feature in upcoming weeks. (You are warned).


The spending continues ,while I work on some 28m figures, appearing soon on this blog. Firstly I squandered money for Pulp alley and bought a Clapper board. Traditionally in Pulp Alley the person with the initiative has a "Directors Megaphone" But at about £2.50 inc postage this was cheaper and will work just as well.

Finally I bought some MDF buildings for Pulp Alley wild west. Or Ghost town as I am currently calling it. The 2 Sarrissa buildings are exactly the same So I should be able to get them up and running in a week or three! The TTCombat "Grand Hotel" (on the left may take a bit longer! But at least I am on my way.

Until next time (and I hope) some 28mm figures take care good luck and remember everyones paint brush needs to taste paint one in a while.

All the best Clint

9 comments:

  1. Nice work on the 6 mm Clint, always good to see a project moving forward no matter how long it takes, nice looking buildings, I think Bryan has the Grand Hotel so maybe able to offer insights on it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dave. Yes it has taken it's time, Mostly because I was given the first 2 Foamboard sheets by the mother of my first girlfriend ad I was hurt when she cheated on me (no not the Mother, the girlfriend) and I never knew where to get more at a decent price. BUT I feel I can move on this project now.

      With reference to the buildings. Half the fun is discovering the right way.

      Delete
  2. A fascinating post, Clint. I like the Sarissa MDF buildings because they are so cheap but the downside is that they require painting. I've done it once with my Sheriff's Office and Jail and it was very time-consuming. I wish you luck with your two (especially the hotel). Unfortunately, I don't own either of these buildings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan. I am looking forward to the hotel especially but they both will be good. I am lucky that I want they decayed and decrepit(Just like me). which should make it easier. At least that is my hope.

      Delete
  3. 35 years in the making and still worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael. Yerah I know silly and embarrassing to leave it so long.

      Delete
  4. I know the feeling of having projects thrity five years (and more) sitting around - mostly figures though.
    Patience os a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. Yes I Think this is my lonest project (so far) and It is nice to be able to get the components to finish it at last.

      Delete
  5. Hi Everyone,This was how me and my Boyfriend became VAMPIRES. I got a guy from the internet called Lord who was a VAMPIRE so i told him that me and my boyfriend would love to become a VAMPIRES so he asked me of my Name ,Country, Age ,State , address and in the next 3 days i got the blood sample through the DHL which me and my boyfriend took in the blood into our body and in the next 30 minutes we turned into a VAMPIRE so if you are interested in becoming a VAMPIRE. First: Vampires is not at all like in the movies or books, Sure. I understand. You are young; you have the whole world open to you. You can be anything that you choose if you apply yourself and try hard to work toward that goal. But being a vampire is not what it seems like. It’s a life full of good, and amazing things. We are as human as you are.. It’s not what you are that counts, but how you choose to be. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Richvampirekindom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment.