Tuesday 20 March 2018

ECW again

This just about brings my excision into ECW to an end. Yes I still have a few figures to paint only 1 pore Pikeman and he is missing a pike. (I shall replace the pike and then get him painted) and 4 more with shotte, but I have enough for now and that is all I need. (For now). I will get the others finished at some point, just not the foreseeable future.


 So we have 2 more shotte and 1 more pike. I  have enjoyed painting them and that is a wonderful thing for me as I have spent about 40 years avoiding the ECW in all wargames. So you never know maybe it is time to dip my toe.

All the figures are 28mm Warlord games and come from a single sprue. They are intended by me to be for En Garde but may well end up being used for another propose , time will tell. They are on 25mm square slotta bases. I just used what I had and the overall effect is acceptable to me. And that is the main thing after all. I am not looking to win any prizes except my own happiness. Perhaps that is the biggest Prize.
 As soon as the weather picks up I do intend to start making some scenery. So as this is officially the first day of spring I hope to get on with that very soon. I checked in the shed yesterday I think I have enough mateerials for a 4' square board. If so I will document it step by step on the blog.

Thanks for looking today and more again soon I hope. All the Best Clint

14 comments:

  1. Good work on these footsloggers. I'm always interested in scenery projects so I look forward to seeing what you make. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan. I will say nothing about the terrain project for a few days as I want to get things settled in my mind. (But I think you will approve)

      Delete
  2. Nice ECW figures Clint, shall look forward to seeing your scenery project develop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dave. I actually like making scenery/terrain for wargames so with luck this will work and work reasonably well. So any encouragement is strongly appreciated.

      Delete
  3. Green coats and russet breaches, they look like the Earl of Northampton's Regt of Foote. Part of Prince Rupert's Tercio and A formation I was part of with the Sealed Knot re-enactment society. As a massive ECW buff I approve, great work Clint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carl ECW is not an interest for me. So I listened to a friend who was in the Congealed Snot Opps sorry Sealed Knot. I wanted a generic uniform that could be on either side. Thus settled on green tunics under buff coats.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful end to a nice project, Clint, and its nice to hear that you'll be putting together some scenery for them as well. Looking forward to seeing them on the tabletop in a future AAR :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon. I still have 4-5 to do, but I have now done enough for a game. As such a future AAR is likely. As for the scenery it may take longer then I first thought but I shall start it tomorrow. But as to when it may finish that is a story perhaps long in the telling.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Simon. To be fair I could do with a few more pike and a few less shotte but overall I am quite happy.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you Ray. I am having trouble motivating myself today but at least the weather is nice.

      Delete
  7. Good additions Clint, nicely done. Are you intending them to be Covenanters?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. I will admit I did buy them as Covenanters but I am not terribly concerned if they don't look like Covenanters. I still have a number of Scots bonnets I could add to any additions. So the answer to your question is a strong maybe!

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.